New RF 7's sound great but are awfully bright

S2KDDS

the room is key my klipsch brother.

curtains on the windows, room center rug, wall hanging (wifes love this one, really) on the rear wall etc. also play around with placement. try at least 12 -24" from the side and rear walls with some slight toe in to the listening position.

it all could be had at home depot or lowes for less than $1000.00 or so.

next, thought never heard, maybe the deang crossover mod. hey dean how much is that mod?

next i'd upgrade (mo money) the avr. even thought i like yamaha (oh man i'd better duck) the pioneer elite and denon products seem to match better.

next, power. yep these cleaner boxes are not snake oil folks. good (stable), clean (filtered) power does make a difference. but that could be more than an upgraded avr.

btw, mr. nich.

"the soundstage, power, emotion, and depth of my music" you have been reading far to many audioholic and absolute sound reviews dude!

Regards,

Mike

----------------

On 6/15/2005 3:30:17 PM mmiles wrote:

btw, mr. nich.

"the soundstage, power, emotion, and depth of my music" you have been reading far to many audioholic and absolute sound reviews dude!

----------------

Actually, I just listen to my system and those words seem to pop into my head! Stereophile!...ahem...what a weird sneeze.

Here's one positive vote for Yamaha.

I have the Yamaha RX-V2500 and it sounds amazing. I don't at all have trouble with highs or lows. Just plenty of everything I like, it seems. Maybe yours is too old. Amongst all the negative comments (and overly so, IMO) about Yamaha and Klipsch pairings, I have seen a few of the detractors admit the new Yamahas = better.

I watch 90% Home Theater, 5% X-box, and 5% music. Maybe for music lovers, Yamaha isn't the way to go. But I demoed so many speaker/avr combos with lots of movie material...and for me, nothing came close the the RF-7 lineup on the Yamaha RX-V2500.

----------------

On 6/15/2005 7:33:34 PM ]

Here's one positive vote for Yamaha.

I have the Yamaha RX-V2500 and it sounds amazing. I don't at all have trouble with highs or lows. Just plenty of everything I like, it seems. Maybe yours is too old. Amongst all the negative comments (and overly so, IMO) about Yamaha and Klipsch pairings, I have seen a few of the detractors admit the new Yamahas = better.

I watch 90% Home Theater, 5% X-box, and 5% music. Maybe for music lovers, Yamaha isn't the way to go. But I demoed so many speaker/avr combos with lots of movie material...and for me, nothing came close the the RF-7 lineup on the Yamaha RX-V2500.

----------------

[/blockquote>

To be fair, I have not heard a higher end Yamaha with a Klipsch product, only a sub-par receiver. The higher end models may be much better than mine, although the member seeking advice mentioned that he has a low-end product as well.

DAvid

My speaker posts are oriented horizontally

Looking at the back of the speaker starting on the left:

RED BLK RED BLK

I have the speaker wires only to the set of RED and BLK on the Right side with the jumpers in place. Does it matter which set of RED/BLK I use?

My Yammy 5760 was way too harsh with my original RF-35s. I upgraded to an Arcam AVR-300, and it sounded fantastic. I still use it, although I use seperate amps for the RF-7s now. Ditch the Yammy unless (mabe) you have to new top of the line model, which I've read good things about.

Scott