What which movie and part do you best like to test your speakers?

bigrol21

One of my favorite movies for sound has got to be The Incrdibles. It's hard to choose which part is my favorite, but I really like the part where Mr Incredible shatters the window of his car. My RF-25's and RC-25 sound so clear it's well...incredible

The Balrog scene from Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring is one that I like to use on mine. Of course, the Pod-racing scene from the Star Wars Episode I is typical standby.

There are some scenes in this newest Star Wars that I friggan cannot wait to check out on my system!

I use 3.

The opening scene to Twister.

The Matrix, starting with the lobby scene & ending with the helicopter crash.

Air force one, at the point where they take over the plane, until the plane takes off again at the air force base. There is also a part in this, near the start of the takeover, when someone gets knocked in the head with the butt of the rifle. It has been known to shut down my system before I changed to my current center channel.

----------------

On 6/14/2005 9:46:22 PM cyclonecj wrote:

The Matrix, starting with the lobby scene & ending with the helicopter crash.

----------------

I love that part on the roof where Neo is dodging the bullets from Agent Smith. Nice workout for the surrounds!

The pistol shot in Behind Enemy Lines, where Owen Wilson's partner is executed. Cranked up, it does sound remarkably like a handgun shot, it is fairly short duration, so there is no significant heating effect.

Do not try this at home with smaller amplifiers, this will clip most amps at high levels. Hey, where IS my copy of Behind Enemy Lines, anyways?! 7.gif

----------------

On 6/14/2005 9:45:23 PM skonopa wrote:

The Balrog scene from Lord of the Rings:Fellowship of the Ring is one that I like to use on mine. Of course, the Pod-racing scene from the Star Wars Episode I is typical standby.

There are some scenes in this newest Star Wars that I friggan cannot wait to check out on my system!

----------------

I'll second skonopa's demo scene, but expand it to include the entire Mines of Moria sequence... this roughly 20 minutes has it all, from front soundstage panning, to quiet, whispered dialogue; from full-room raucous battle to front-to-rear effects (arrows flying past your head); and MUCH bass, from the moment the Balrog is heard (BTW, a nice front soundstage pan with a torch held by Boromir, while Gandalf explains what they are about to face), through battle on the stairs with enormous stone masonry crashing down, to the jet-engine roar of the Balrog.

Put on the DTS track from the extended edition, set your system where you normally would for the average DVD (the LOTR DVD is recorded a few dB's hot, so this should step it up a notch), and make sure that your gear, your ears, and your neighbors can handle it 2.gif

Another good one is in National Treasure. There is an explosion at the beginning of the movie where the wood particles are crumbling all around you. It sounds Sooooo cool!

I have a KEF PS2150 for my sub and it shakes my entire house and then some while my Klipsch fronts and rears pick up the rest.