% of use in theaters.

----------------

On 6/17/2005 11:45:14 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

I would only go to a theatre where Klipsch speakers are playing.

----------------

How can you tell? All the theaters around me don't advertise what brand of speakers they use, just the surround sound format.

----------------

On 6/17/2005 11:58:10 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

just act like you know what you're doing and peek behind the curtain. The surrounds are within easy view. Usually they're all the same brand.
----------------

Hate to tell you buddy, at that point, you have already bought the ticket 2.gif

Don't you visit the same theatre location near your home time and time again. I just know who has Klipsch around here. It's not difficult because were in the same town as world headquarters. If they're trying to get a foothold where else to start but in their own backyard. Besides, Indy has like more movie theatres per capita than most major cities. We're very sedentary here in the midwest.

Michael

----------------

On 6/17/2005 12:38:54 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

Don't you visit the same theatre location near your home time and time again. I just know who has Klipsch around here. It's not difficult because were in the same town as world headquarters. If they're trying to get a foothold where else to start but in their own backyard. Besides, Indy has like more movie theatres per capita than most major cities. We're very sedentary here in the midwest.

Michael

----------------

How about bowling alleys?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 6/17/2005 12:38:54 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

......... "We're very sedentary here in the midwest."

Michael

----------------

We all aren't. However, I'll have to admit, the home theater and local movie house get a little more use in January and February.

In all of the theaters in my area where you can determine the speaker brand, JBL seems to be the speaker of choice.

If I've been in a Klipsch theater, it's been in another location, or it's been shut down.

Having said that; the JBL systems are not too shabby, but I'd REALLY like to hear a Klipsch-done-right setup.

----------------

On 6/17/2005 12:14:03 PM Amy Unger wrote:

1 out of every 2 new and retrofitted theaters worldwide use Klipsch.

----------------

I am in the process of converting my school theater to Klipsch...

Does that count?

Same here. We have two Regal and a Carmike and they all use JBL.

Klipsch or JBL, the goofballs upstairs will still find a way to screw the sound up. I would guess that 3 out of 5 movies in these theaters have horrible sound - and that's not due to the soundtrack.