Why are Chorus 2 no longer made?

I hear everywhere that the Chorus 2 speakers give one of the best sound and are one of the prefered used Klipsch speakers. Is it just a few people? Or is there a reason why they are no longer in production? Does it have something to do with the added cost of the passive radiator? I was just wondering...

That might work out nicely.

Cornwalls are FAT and take up tons of real estate, but I've still got 4+ and more on the way. No WAF here. Probably won't be at this rate.

Stick around, there may be an announcement next week. I don't know anything but....

Michael

Has anyone had the chance to AB the Chorus II with the RF-7? It's been a while since I heard the RF-3II's, but from my memory I wouldn't doubt the new reference line sounding just as nice (if not better), while also looking much nicer.

Martindemon,

I'll try to get this back on topic.2.gif

Good question. That is one speaker in my opinion they could just keep on building.

I sure wouldnt mind having a new shiny pair sitting next to my antiques.1.gif

I dont believe the cost of the passive has much to do with it.

Most of the new designs have went to a narrower design to assist in imaging.

You should be able to pick up a nice pair of chorus II's between 600-800.

Good luck.

They were made during PWK's "passive radiator period" during which he was trying different ways to get lower bass response out of smaller boxes. Some KG's, Fortes, Chorus IIs and maybe Quartets used passives.

----------------

On 6/17/2005 4:57:55 PM T2K wrote:

I've got a pair of Chorus in black and a pair of Chorus II in walnut oil. Haven't used them in a while. Drop by my house and we'll listen to them.

Keith

----------------

Where are you from? I'm from the province of Quebec (Canada), you know, in the far north :)

What goes around, comes around in marketing.

Klipsch killed the Forte, Cornwall and Chorus, just when there was a revival starting (thanks to eBay) in vintage gear, and espescially lower-powered tube amps. McIntosh, Scott, Heathkit, Fisher, Eico... quite a few good ones in there. No rocket-science to tell you those who seek out the Forte or Cornwall are very likely using tubed vintage gear.

They killed the line because demand had fallen, but I can bet that the demand would have bounced back post-1999. What's left of the Heritage line, safe for the Heresey, is too big for most average people's homes.

A 3-way horn speaker, of high effeciency, of reasonable size with a benign impedancee above 8 Ohms, and reasonable price, would sell very well to the the tube amp crowd in my opinion. A Forte/Chorus III - slightly narrower but taller, re-worked crossover would fit the ticket. True, the market for this would not be nowhere as near as big as the home-theater crowd looking at RF-7s, but as long as SET amps are around, they will need easy speakers to get the most of them.

Hi,

I have compared side by side the RF-7s and my Chorus IIs. I thought the Chorus IIs took on the challenge very well and wound up taking the RF-7s back to Good Guys. I think the Chorus IIs are a great speaker. They go very well with my SVS PB2+

Norcuron

in a world where plasma TVs and bose speakers are considered "the best" most people wouldnt know a good speaker if it hit them in the face. basically the chorus was just too big for people. nobody wants big speakers anymore.

my favorite part of owning cornwalls is the look on peoples face when they see my stereo. even better is the look they have during their first listen.

----------------

On 6/17/2005 9:14:22 PM martindemon wrote:

----------------

On 6/17/2005 4:57:55 PM T2K wrote:

I've got a pair of Chorus in black and a pair of Chorus II in walnut oil. Haven't used them in a while. Drop by my house and we'll listen to them.

Keith

----------------

Where are you from? I'm from the province of Quebec (Canada), you know, in the far north
:)

----------------

I wish I was in the land of cotton,

old times there are not forgotten,

Look away, look away, look away, Dixie land.

In Dixie land where I was born in, early on a frosty mornin',

Chorus:

Then I wish I was in Dixie, hooray! Hooray!

In Dixie land I'll take my stand, to live and die in Dixie,

Away, away, away down south in Dixie,

Away, away, away down south in Dixie.

Old Missus marry Will de Weaber, Will-yum was a gay deceaber,

But when he put his arm around her,

smiled as fierce as a forty pounder.

Look away, look away, look away, Dixie land. (Chorus)

Dars buckwheat cakes an' ingen batter, makes you fat or a little fatter,

Den hoe it down and scratch your grabble to Dixie's land

I'm bound to travel,

Look away, look away, look away Dixie land. (Chorus)

Keith (Alabama)