Behringer EQ and Tripath AMP - DeanG Help

----------------

On 6/18/2005 9:04:49 PM DeanG wrote:

Had the Carver for a few days along with a QSC PLX-1602. I sent the Carver back and kept the QSC. The highs on the Carver were too soft. I like the Behringer, it's a great tool.

----------------

Do you still use the QSC? Can you point me to a thread where you review it. I have put a lot of blind faith in the guru's here (you, AL, Craig) and have been very happy with each purchase so far.

How does it compare to tubes?

The 1602 seesm to have a "little" excess power, should I look at a lower powered model in the line (if one exists)?

Thanks,

Chris

Yeah, I actually bought the 1602 by accident, having got the part number from parts express reversed with the 1202. I didn't realize it until I got home, and since it wasn't that much more money I said the heck with it. Even the 1202 is overkill at 200wpc. You won't find any "audiophile" type reviews on it. Pro amp reviews focus on things like how long can they run full out without catching on fire. I bought the amp on a recommendation from Trey. I think it's an excellent sounding amp for the money.

----------------

On 6/18/2005 9:26:00 PM Speedball wrote:

Lots of different pro amps

Panasonic & H.K. recievers

Carver-Pro

Maybe these will give you something to get started with...
1.gif

----------------

Don't forget the humble JVC F-10 receiver with it's hybrid feedback digital amps.

It got moved out when I decided it sounded great but not $2500 great. At the list price of near $8000, forget it -- there's stuff for a lot less I've heard that sounds just as good. My son snagged the QSC out my system for his RF-7s, and gave me his Quicksilvers in trade. Everything in this class of gear sounds good, just different. Fact is, the Peach does it all, and just doesn't let anything sound bad. :)

----------------

On 6/18/2005 10:21:24 PM DeanG wrote:

It got moved out when I decided it sounded great but not $2500 great. At the list price of near $8000, forget it -- there's stuff for a lot less I've heard that sounds just as good. My son snagged the QSC out my system for his RF-7s, and gave me his Quicksilvers in trade. Everything in this class of gear sounds good, just different. Fact is, the Peach does it all, and just doesn't let anything sound bad.
:)

----------------

Dean,

I am seriously considering the QSC 1202 and the Behringer 2426. I am assuming that the 1602 is not necessary (even though it is only $100 extra).

Is this amp Outstanding and can compare to much more expensive amps or is it just a good amp for the money? (I am running a Peach and and Teac 7000 and really like the sound, just a little underpowered in the bass).

I read that I should get the $50 mike with the Behringer. I seem to remember a different mike that was less that was reccomended (or the same price but a better mike)

Thanks,

Chris