Altec 511b installation in my K-horns - All done!

Seadog

----------------

On 6/28/2005 12:20:33 PM jwcullison wrote:

Hey Seadog,

How does the grill cover stay "fastened" to the baffle? Is it velcro. I've never looked up close.

Al, I can't seem to find your website page that shows your altec horn installation. Is is still up?

jc

----------------

James,

Go to Al's "system profile" on the BB. Although,I think it shows an 811.

TC

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 6/28/2005 12:20:33 PM jwcullison wrote:

Hey Seadog,

How does the grill cover stay "fastened" to the baffle? Is it velcro. I've never looked up close.

----------------

The top photo is the new grill, the bottom is the stock grill. The stock grill is an integral piece with the K401 screwed to the back.

The new grill is a "C" shaped framework covered in grill cloth that fits in the opening. It stays in place with friction only (a snug fit).

grills.JPG

Incidently, I did not fabricate these, they were already built by my friend Bob when I bought the horns.

David

post-14182-13819266760216_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/24/2005 10:40:19 AM sunnysal wrote:

great work seadog, what drivers are you running on the 511s? k55M right? it would have been nice to think about running some altec drivers on those horns, they would probably be somewhat better than the klipsch drivers, IMHO. regards, tony

----------------

Yes, K-55-M, and I am liking what I hear right now. I would someday like to experiment with other drivers on the Altecs. If I do anything else in the near future it would be to try a tweeter upgrade.

David

----------------

On 6/29/2005 8:53:31 AM silversport wrote:

Seadog,

Good to talk with you at Indy and nice job on those K'Horns...I am still diggin' my AK-4s but who knows...nice pics too...always helpful for us novices (who live vicaiously through you "Big Dawgs."

Bill

----------------

Bill,

Likewise it was great to meet you in Indy. The AK-4 is a very nice network (I've only heard the ones at Klipsch last year and this year). For now I am content with the AK-3. I really wonder if Klipsch would have upgraded the K-horn to the AK-4 if they had not had issues with sourcing drivers?

David

• 1 month later...