For me, the war is winding down...

Mallette

Dave -

Welcome home and thanks for your service! I guess some good came out of that "other" war in that most people that I talk to who are against this war still honor and support the troops. Hopefully there will be no need to avoid spitting this time around.

Now on a lighter note I saw your post on the DFW Hornheads and I can't wait for the digital amp vs. tube amp shootout. Well that plus some cold beers and good company of course! I already have some tunes picked out so make sure to let us know after you get settled and can host the event. Since I trust your ears I have been doing lots of reseach on digital amps ever since your post. They certainly look promising. I also listened to a modified (ran off a battery) TEAC amp at Guy's house. Maybe we can convince him to bring that along as well.

Once again welcome home!

Laters,

Jeff

Jeff, and DFW Hornheads in general...

Coolies...back to the subject at hand. Looking forward to it immensely! But let's don't call it a "shoot out." As I said in another thread a while back just after I got it, that little Class D will be my workhorse, clinical benchmark, and HT choice...but they'll pry my ST-70 from my cold, dead hands. Some may prefer one, some the other. I INSIST on both. Something about playing an Artie Shaw 78 through a Class D that just doesn't sit right no matter how good it might sound.

And I hope, when it happens, everyone shows with hardware, software, and beerware.

Dave

P.S. - In checking out with the government this AM I was told "not to pack too fast." I don't have on a uniform last time I checked, but it sounds like a mandatory extension... I've had one mantra here "Serve the client." Didn't sit well with the prime contractor, but seems to have made the Army pretty happy...and that makes ME happy.

Nonetheless, until the standing order is countermanded, I am out of here bright and early Thursday AM for home, hearth, and 'horns!!!

Dave