Anyone Ever Ordered K'Horn Grills From Klipsch???

I know that you can make these and have even gotten schematics but has anyone here ordered these from Klipsch??? I had been told before that Klipsch doesn't sell these but at the Pilgrimage I was told they do...Called service today and they in fact do but said parts were listed as (1) not left or right grill...I believe this is because they come in pairs (as told to me at the Pilgrimage) but service said they are just listed as (1). I wondered if:

They in fact arrive as a pair.

Are they already cloth covered from Klipsch?

The uppers the same way?...covered in cloth?

Do they have the Klipsch word logo or the new Jubilee or is that separate...sorry but parts didn't have this listed.

Thanks for any help.

Bill

I would have never thought that you could buy the Klipschorn motorboards already clothed from the factory. They would more than likely be very pricey, cheaper to just regrill with OEM cloth despite the effort involved to do so. I have some black cloth left if you need some. I bought 4+ yards and only regrilled 2 Cornwall's.

Frzn,

As always...very gracious offer but I have some...I was just curious if anyone had done this...my two remaining side grills are separating at the plys and warped...I have removed about a thousand staples and chewed my hands all up just to learn they are stapled on the sides AND the rear so I have as many more to go...I have also received offers and dimensions of the grills...Tops and sides come to about $550 from Klipsch...at the Pilgrimage I asked and was told they should be in pairs and should be clothed (in black I assume but we know what happends then...2.gif)

again thanks for the offer and your help in the past...this place and people are really great! 16.gif

Bill

Frzn:

If I am correct and they come as a pair and if they are already clothed...I believe $180 from Klipsch...I think it was Mike Hoffman (sp) at Klipsch that told me they come clothed and as a pair but Russ in service said they list on the 'puter as (1)...unknown if (1) or a (1) pair ...I believe they will be a pair because they didn't list if they are left or right...I am of course HOPING they are clothed...when they arrive I will tell all.

Bill

For short money I'd take your current side grills and trace the outline and inside cutouts on a sheet of 1/2" plywood, then cut out the holes with a jigsaw, etc., and transfer the brackets.

You could then staple some new cloth on, either from Klipsch on an OEM cloth. I would guess you'd be out about $35 or so.

When I re-clothed mine (the old grill cloth was worn through in spots), I just took a razor blade and cut off the old grill cloth, leaving the staples and old cloth beneath them intact. I tried to remove a few staples and realized what a job it was going to be and decided on "Plan B" 9.gif

They came out just fine.

Good luck.

I can say I have dealt with Kilpsch customer service three times. All three times it was an absolute pleasure. It really makes me happy that an American company selling high end products can be so responsive.

If Klipsch sells whatever you need through their customer service department, I'd go for it.

Bill Woodward

Guess what just came...I would have gotten it yesterday but FedEx didn't leave the package as I wasn't home...1 day delivery of 2 PAIRS of K'Horn Bass Bin Side Grills...clothed in basic black grill cloth only missing the angle iron brackets (perhaps Home Depot will suffice) AND my two Jubilee Pie Slice Logo peel and stick logos...the top HF grills had to be ordered as there were none in stock...1 DAY!!!

Wow, Klipsch delivers...literally!

Bill

dodger,

I am installing the side grills now...soryy I missed your call...out getting some brackets (Stanley 3" corner braces work nicely 2.gif )..I sent an email to service at Klipsch about Russ there...one day delivery...Steve Phillips responded with a nice email and passed mine on to Russ Hammaker...Klipsch service has been tops whenever Ive used them...

Bill