RSW-15 - dead?

WaveMan

----------------

On 7/7/2005 4:53:46 PM travisc wrote:

I would suspect and check/test everything else first cable hooked up reciever set to sub=yes with lfe signal present, make sure switches in back proper, that kind of stuff.

if amp is on/green I would suspect other sources of problem
----------------

Well, the light stays red until I fire up the amp - it turns green, but still no driver movement much less any sound from it...

thats not a good sign hope you didnt buy it off the internet. I also hope that your dealer has another one in stock. I had to wait a month for mine.

On the subject this puppy really needs some break in time before it really sounds good. I purchased an rsw-12, then decided to trade it in for the 15. My dealer let me hold on to the 12 until the 15 came in. when it did it just didnt sound/shake the house as much as the twelve. And now probly 150hrs in, it sounds awesome. As long as it keeps pounding this will be the last sub I ever have to buy.

good luck its worth it, see if you can find out what is wrong with it and post it for us other rsw owners.

----------------

On 7/7/2005 5:43:47 PM travisc wrote:

thats not a good sign hope you didnt buy it off the internet. I also hope that your dealer has another one in stock. I had to wait a month for mine.

On the subject this puppy really needs some break in time before it really sounds good. I purchased an rsw-12, then decided to trade it in for the 15. My dealer let me hold on to the 12 until the 15 came in. when it did it just didnt sound/shake the house as much as the twelve. And now probly 150hrs in, it sounds awesome. As long as it keeps pounding this will be the last sub I ever have to buy.

good luck its worth it, see if you can find out what is wrong with it and post it for us other rsw owners.----------------

I have a feeling it's in the amp - as the status LED shows the Pre-Amp is coming on/off just fine.... I suppose it could be a failed driver too, but I have no way of diagnosing that and it's highly unlikely that the Amp inside could fry that driver...

----------------

On 7/7/2005 7:33:14 PM hjones4841 wrote:

It could be a loose wire. Usually push-on terminals are used on the wires to the driver. Might be worth pulling the driver to check before sending it off for repair.

----------------

I have no idea but would pulling the passive out or any other tinkering void any warranty? I would think it would. Its one thing to pull apart a pair of fortes quite another for a brand new $1300 sub.

----------------

On 7/7/2005 7:51:47 PM travisc wrote:

----------------

On 7/7/2005 7:33:14 PM hjones4841 wrote:

It could be a loose wire. Usually push-on terminals are used on the wires to the driver. Might be worth pulling the driver to check before sending it off for repair.

----------------

I have no idea but would pulling the passive out or any other tinkering void any warranty? I would think it would. Its one thing to pull apart a pair of fortes quite another for a brand new $1300 sub.

----------------

I've had this sub for over 3yrs now - I think it's outta warranty..