RF7's

WaveMan

I'm sure I'll get blasted by "old-school" Klipsch lovers but....

Is it just me, or are the RF7's - the best-sounding speakers Klipsch has ever made?

Before you blast - keep in mind, that I've owned and/or listened to the following models:

Forte

Forte II

Chorus II

Kornerhorns...

All of those speakers rock - but none have been able to match the sonic clarity and imaging of the RF7's IMO..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/7/2005 3:05:08 PM WaveMan wrote:

I'm sure I'll get blasted by "old-school" Klipsch lovers but....

Is it just me, or are the RF7's - the best-sounding speakers Klipsch has ever made?

Before you blast - keep in mind, that I've owned and/or listened to the following models:

Forte

Forte II

Chorus II

Kornerhorns...

All of those speakers rock - but none have been able to match the sonic clarity and imaging of the RF7's IMO..

----------------

It's JUST YOU........

----------------

On 7/7/2005 3:17:42 PM Royster wrote:

Khorns, belles, corns all sound better IMHO. But maybe i am wrong, maybe there is a covert plan by the Klipsters to fool all of us Heritage users.
----------------

Khorns sound like crap IMO - they're loud, sure - extremely effecient? Of course.... Can image well? hell no... Khorns are also some of the most innfacturate-sounding speakers I've heard... They're best used for small concerts or dance halls where you need tons of volume and SPL...

I can't comment on belles or corns as I haven't heard them... having owned Forte's before I can say that they have TONS of midrange, but it's not near as smooth as the RF7's...

----------------

On 7/7/2005 3:23:43 PM WaveMan wrote:

----------------

On 7/7/2005 3:17:42 PM Royster wrote:

Khorns, belles, corns all sound better IMHO. But maybe i am wrong, maybe there is a covert plan by the Klipsters to fool all of us Heritage users.
----------------

Khorns sound like crap IMO - they're loud, sure - extremely effecient? Of course.... Can image well? hell no... Khorns are also some of the most innfacturate-sounding speakers I've heard... They're best used for small concerts or dance halls where you need tons of volume and SPL...

I can't comment on belles or corns as I haven't heard them... having owned Forte's before I can say that they have TONS of midrange, but it's not near as smooth as the RF7's...

----------------

WOW...... My khorns image unlike ANY other speaker that I have came across. As a mater of fact I can hear (image) Stevie Nicks getting fatter on the latest mac cd.

I would guess that you were shown a pair of horns that were lacking one or more important elements.

(1) Set into prpoer corners. (they still have a soundstage that is huge, just drop a little on the bottom end).

(2) Fed with quality components (garbage in = garbage out)

(3)A good recording.

That being said, your rather bold trashing of the great horn is rare. PWK had a button that would be perfect for such a baseless statement.

WOW...... My khorns image unlike ANY other speaker that I have came across. As a mater of fact I can hear (image) Stevie Nicks getting fatter on the latest mac cd.

I would guess that you were shown a pair of horns that were lacking one or more important elements.

(1) Set into prpoer corners. (they still have a soundstage that is huge, just drop a little on the bottom end).

(3)A good recording.

That being said, your rather bold trashing of the great horn is rare. PWK had a button that would be perfect for such a baseless statement.

----------------

Fyi.. the last set of Khorns I've heard were powered by McIntosh Gear (Amp/pre-amd/CD-Player) and were placed in adjacent corners.... we played several CD's....

My statement isn't baseless - in fact I worked in the audio industry before and have been involved as a fan of audio since I was 12yrs old (I'm 34 now)...

Turning it back on you, have you ever heard a pair of RF7's on good gear/source etc? :)

----------------

On 7/7/2005 3:58:19 PM WaveMan wrote:

(3)A good recording.

----------------

Fyi.. the last set of Khorns I've heard were powered by McIntosh Gear (Amp/pre-amd/CD-Player) and were placed in adjacent corners.... we played several CD's....

My statement isn't baseless - in fact I worked in the audio industry before and have been involved as a fan of audio since I was 12yrs old (I'm 34 now)...

Turning it back on you, have you ever heard a pair of RF7's on good gear/source etc?
:)

----------------

Yes, I have heard RF-7's. They are a nice product. But they are not in the same league a most of the Heritage line.

Yes, I have heard RF-7's. They are a nice product. But they are not in the same league a most of the Heritage line.

----------------

You're right, they aren't in the same league - they're head and shoulders above the Heritage.... Not in SPL, but in finesse, transparency, imaging and detail...

As Amy would say...IMO

I have a pair of la Scala's and they produce such a wonderful soundstage. They are a bit light on the bottom end for movies (that's why they make subs) but for music vary rarely does most rock get down below 45k. The power and presence of the La Scala is only matched by the Khorn. They truly disappear when listening. I too have auditioned the RF 7's and I find them to be a wonderful sounding speaker, especially for HT. But they hold no candle to my La Scala's or the Khorns for that matter IMHO.

scooter

----------------

On 7/7/2005 4:38:57 PM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

As Amy would say...IMO

I have a pair of la Scala's and they produce such a wonderful soundstage. They are a bit light on the bottom end for movies (that's why they make subs) but for music vary rarely does most rock get down below 45k. The power and presence of the La Scala is only matched by the Khorn. They truly disappear when listening. I too have auditioned the RF 7's and I find them to be a wonderful sounding speaker, especially for HT. But they hold no candle to my La Scala's or the Khorns for that matter IMHO.

scooter
----------------

While I don't doubt your sincerity of your love for the La Scala's - I can say that every heritage speaker I've heard has a disposition for sounding as if the mids are simply "blaring" out of the cabinets. They sound much more like a P.A. speaker than anything...

This post is to simply point out that - IMO - the RF7's have a much more refined sound quality than anything else Klipsch has made so far..

----------------

On 7/7/2005 4:41:35 PM Audioreality wrote:

Heh....

Pretty funny, huh?

Yeah.....

I'm 33 and I feel the same way as the poster does.
----------------

Heh.. could it be because you and I still have most of our hearing left? Maybe most of the "heritage users/owners" are so old that they can't hear how much better the RF7's sound... :)