Parasound or sunfire

ballenone

I've never listened to Sunfire, so I can't comment on it's sound. Some say the sound is pleasantly warm. However, I do know that in terms of cost, space, and heat, the Sunfire beats Parasound.

I own the A51 and A21, and the sound of it mated with Klipsch is absolutly phenomenal. For more info, check out these links:

Club Parasound: http://www.htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=21

Parasound Halo reviews: http://www.parasound.com/halonew/reviews.php

I have rarely heard Parasound, so I'm not qualified to comment on their gear. Their reputation with Klipsch speakers is excellent.

As already stated, Sunfire has an advantage of a single box that runs cool as long as it get ventilation. More of its electricity goes to your speakers, less electricity goes to bias the amp.

The Sunfire Signature amps are a cut above the regular Sunfires. They have bigger power supplies and more output devices per chanel. The bass is better as is the mid-range. The 2.8 ohm minimum impedance of my RF-7s is easy for the Sunfire Signature amps to drive.

Bill

As an electronics guy, I vote for the Sunfire. I really like the engineering and technique used to supply the power. It is still fairly unique and worth every penny! I don't understand why it is not copied by every Japanese company... his patents must have expired a few years ago. It would not be all that expensive to copy the Sunfire for about half the price.

I will post info soon. I have the Sunfire theater Grand IV and Signature Amp 400x7 on it's way (maybe be here Saturday) as well as RF-7s arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to get it all set up and will let you know my thoughts.

Mark

----------------

On 7/7/2005 10:40:55 PM norcuron wrote:

I will post info soon. I have the Sunfire theater Grand IV and Signature Amp 400x7 on it's way (maybe be here Saturday) as well as RF-7s arriving tomorrow. I can't wait to get it all set up and will let you know my thoughts.

Mark

----------------

It will sound so good you will wet your pants! Remember, I told you.......... Be prepared for shock and awe!

What about the new PS AUDIO "gain cell" digital amps? These are of similar design to that of Jeff Rowland products. Note I said similar the difference is the gain cell technology being deployed by PSA.

They are getting rave reviews overseas (soon to be reviewed in the US by some major mags, so I've been told).

Might be a little pricey at:

GCMC 250x7 = $7495.00 MSRP

SCMC 500x7 = $9995.00 MSRP

However I know where you can get a good deal 2.gif

Regards,

Mike

sunfire seems to put out alot more wattage then parasound ..and

im not sure about the cost difference between the two but if the sunfire puts out 400 wats a channel at all channels driven .

i guess if the price was under what you have to pay for two parasound amps then i would guess its a open and shut case??

Well, look for the threads on the SUnfire controversy...seems that pesky little Ohms law gets in the way of 400 watts per channel x 7 channels, with ...from what I understand of the math, that is impossible given the wall amperage coming into the unit...

However, I bought one anyways! Love the whole coffee can story, dug the white-papers, and got a great deal from an internet scammer...so the rest is history...I love my TGIV and 400~7/RF-7 setup...it kicks rump boys, regardless of whether you like Carver or think he is nuts...I am just biding time to fill in the pieces of my reference system, and my next step is a killer sub...

I got the Sunfire, because I am trying to avoid the up-grade-itis thing for a while...this thing, with 7 channels (and side axis channles for potential total of 9 channels) I expect I shouldn't have to upgrade a least the amp for a long time...

My opinion of course.

K