just bought heresy's need help identifying them

travisc

inspected by bradford but the model and serial # ink has faded completely, hwo I think I can make out, Guy I bought them from said mid to late seventies only other markings are stamped into the cabinets themslelves

OD 33r880 raw birch plywood.

the owner of these also screwed drywall screws into the fronts with some homemade grills and screwed up the plywood a bit on the bottom of one. Can anyone suggest options cosmetically for these things, and any history.

as a bonus I have a brochure in good condition that shows the heritage models a describes them briefly.

HWO means Heresy with Walnut wood veneer and an Oil finish. "R" in the serial number would indicate a 1977 year of manufacture.

These are very nice Heresy's, too bad someone messed with the grills. There are quite a few options for fixing them cosmetically, but which one you choose depends on your skill level or availability to tools and a place to work. You might consider re-veneering, or you could re-square all the edges, fill holes, sand and paint them.

Greg

----------------

On 7/9/2005 8:00:18 PM travisc wrote:

inspected by bradford but the model and serial # ink has faded completely

----------------

I dunno, Bradford let a lot of lemons slip through. I'd run from 'em. Fast.

----------------

On 7/9/2005 8:19:54 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 7/9/2005 8:00:18 PM travisc wrote:

inspected by bradford but the model and serial # ink has faded completely

----------------

I dunno, Bradford let a lot of lemons slip through. I'd run from 'em. Fast.

----------------

See, I told ya. Word is out. Everybody's selling their Bradfords.

ha ha, ya I read he drank in the morning, ok Ive figured out that these are decorator heresy, my question is other than crossover upgrades what can I do cosmetically for these bastards?

Ive been listening to them for about 2 hours now and there very pleasant with rsw 15 taking 80 down. a and b between my forte II's, large difference. highs are soothing compared to the fortes, as much as I wish that werent the case. Fortes seem to be more in your face.

good lord those need some touch up, thanks for the pic2.gif . Can I still order a new k-22-ef woofer from klipsch? the one on the other speaker has some mold on it and the dust cap is slightly dented and the other one was replaced already.

I noticed that you have a dvd-2900. I bought one today, I had a good week at work and this is new toy weekend here in vermont. I havent done anything with it except hook it up and run darkside of the moon through the heresy's. Its funny I am more interested in these 28 year old heresy than a $600 dollar dvd player.