Fade to Bluegrass

BobbyT

At the young age of 34(35 in a few weeks) I can now say I've heard it all. A friend at work brought me a CD by Iron Horse called Fade to Bluegrass. It is an a full blown Bluegrass group covering Metallica tunes. I was speechless, still am. Anyone else ever heard this?

----------------

On 7/10/2005 5:25:18 PM toddvj wrote:

Awesome!!! I checked Amazon, and they have this one plus another band called Hayseed Dixie that does an AC/DC tribute

----------------

This is well done, btw. I don't own it, but I have heard it. Fun stuff.

Woo

There's also a couple Grateful Dead BG albums. "Pickin' On The Dead" comes to mind.

If you like bluegrass and haven't heard "Old And In The Way" I suggest picking up the original, self-titled album or "Breakdown." Both are available on Dead.net. Jerry could pick a mean banjo back in the day. It was an all-star cast including Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Pete Rowen, Vasser Clements and John Kahn.

It is sad to report that the Moody Blues also have a BLUEGRASS tribute.

MOODY BLUEGRASS

http://www.moodybluegrass.com/

Now why would someone do that to the Moody Blues!

I do have to admit I like "Dread Zeppelin" singing Led Zepplin songs as if it was song by Elivs.

Well there are a lot of "tribute" versions out there, some are good and some are just bad.

Greg

Then there's the reggae version of DSOTM. Dubb Side Of The Moon???? Something like that. Instead of a cash register during the opening of "Money" they use the sound of someone doing a bong hit (not that I know what that sounds like2.gif). Pretty funny stuff.

----------------

On 7/10/2005 4:31:57 PM travisc wrote:

there is also a cello quartet that does metalica tunes as well there called apocolyptica, They do an awesome enter sandman, Ill look for the bluegrass band thanks

----------------

This sounds cool. I'll check it out.

• 1 month later...

Anyone heard this one? Found this on Amazon.com and listened to the various clips - I love the Moody Blues...but to quote Baby Bob from Quiznos "that is just wrong" Here's what Amazon has to say

Moody Bluegrass: A Nashville Tribute to the Moody Blues

Various Artists

When many of the greatest musicians in Nashville put a bluegrass spin on classic songs by The Moody Blues, the results are irresistible. Heres a perfect combination of the familiar and the new, sure to put a smile on your face. Featuring Harleyew Hall, Aubrey Haynie, David Harvey, Emma Harvey, Jan Harvey, Alison Krauss, Keith Little, Tim May, Patty Mitchell, Bob Mummert, Tim OBrien, John Randall, Calvin Settles, Ira Wayne Settles, Odessa Settles, Tom Shinness, Russell Smith, Jill Snider, Todd Suttle, Andy Todd.