UGGH new truck has Blose...

Royster

The drawback is that you will have to run all new wiring and you since in most cases you will not be able to use the stock speaker wiring because of the way that those Blose systems are setup. I had one in my Camaro it did not sound to bad.

You certainly will not be able to use the stock speakers with an aftermarket head unit.

My Camaro had a 6" subwoofer in the back and it read 1 ohm on my meter. The stock system was one of the first things I gutted.

----------------

On 7/12/2005 7:58:09 AM Frzninvt wrote:

The drawback is that you will have to run all new wiring and you since in most cases you will not be able to use the stock speaker wiring because of the way that those Blose systems are setup.

----------------

Speaker mounting may be non-standard, too, possibly forcing a substandard installation for the new speaks.

----------------

On 7/11/2005 4:51:46 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

shoulda bought a Ford ..

ya woulda got JBL ....----------------

Actually. it would depend on the model of Ford vehicle. Some have JBL speakers while others use either Jensen or Boston Acoustics. Still others have additional brands.

----------------

On 7/11/2005 4:51:46 PM bsafirebird1969 wrote:

shoulda bought a Ford ..

ya woulda got JBL ....

----------------

I looked at them all. But the GMC had HID lights, better interior layout and comfort as well as more HP than the F-150. Almost bought a "King Ranch" edition of the F-150. Dodge is the most uncomfy of any that we looked at.

I have my Alpine, Orion, Oz Audio system that I removed from the Avalanche, but will most likely keep the factory system this time.

The Bose is my only complaint.

Roy