Any one own a C6 Corvette

----------------

On 7/12/2005 9:58:19 AM jacksonbart wrote:

Just wondering what options you got and how you like the car overall. Any problems any options you would have done differently?

Thanks in advance.

----------------

We have a tourch red rag top. Love it! We traded our 2005 ZO6 in with some remorse. But once we were in the C6, it is hands down a better car. Smoother, more tourqe, better laid out, just great. Would buy it again. The 07 Zo6 verion might be worth the wait, but can't be more pleased with the C6.

Roy

----------------

On 7/12/2005 3:34:35 PM crazytubepower wrote:

Well my dad owns a 2002 zo6 with a 427 tt making over 750hp.....that cool enough for yal. It's faster than anything else. A rought estimate on the 0-60 is right around 2.5sec and the slowest 3

----------------

The Zo6 never came with a 427, motor replaced? 750 hp on pump gas? Something does not equate here.

Faster than anything elese, I DON'T THINK SO. There many cars out there much faster than our C6. There IS ALWAYS one faster. But fastest is NOT why we bought ours. It is quite simpley the most refined Corvette made to date. We traded our 05 Z06 when our C6 arrived. We really enjoyed the Z06, but the C6 is a cut above in ALL aspects.

Roy

Royster, I'm so jealous of you! The Z06 has always been my dream "next" car, (because my dream cars are the Benz SL65 AMG and Lamborghini Murcielago), and to hear that the C6 is better than last year's Z06 model is quite astounding! If that's true, I cannot even WAIT for the new version to come out. I've even heard it won't be called the Z06, but a Z-something else.

----------------

On 7/12/2005 2:23:14 PM Royster wrote:

----------------

Just wondering what options you got and how you like the car overall. Any problems any options you would have done differently?

Thanks in advance.

----------------

We have a tourch red rag top. Love it! We traded our 2005 ZO6 in with some remorse. But once we were in the C6, it is hands down a better car. Smoother, more tourqe, better laid out, just great. Would buy it again. The 07 Zo6 verion might be worth the wait, but can't be more pleased with the C6.

Roy

----------------

Hi Roy

What options did you spring for? The magnetic suspension?, performance package? I am considering for a coupe, would use for commuting during good weather as well as weekend drives, how is the 6 speed for every day driving. Sound bad, but if I get I am not taking it to the track, so I am trying to be realistic about making comfortable to drive. Thanks for any input.

"A rought estimate on the 0-60 is right around 2.5sec"

BS!!! Thats the biggest pile of crap ive ever heard!

Anyone who knows the basics understands that this is a LUDICROUS statement.

Chrysler's ME Four-Twelve concept prototype 12 cylinder quad turbo 850 hp just breaks the 3 sec 0-60 mark. That stat about the vette is BS.

----------------

On 7/12/2005 4:31:47 PM jacksonbart wrote:

----------------

On 7/12/2005 2:23:14 PM Royster wrote:

----------------

Thanks in advance.

----------------

Roy

----------------

Hi Roy

What options did you spring for? The magnetic suspension?, performance package? I am considering for a coupe, would use for commuting during good weather as well as weekend drives, how is the 6 speed for every day driving. Sound bad, but if I get I am not taking it to the track, so I am trying to be realistic about making comfortable to drive. Thanks for any input.

----------------

jackson,

We got EVERYTHING (lol). The suspesion option is well worth the ching.You will love the 6 speed, it is much smoother than the 2005 (not that it was bad)and I am an automatic fan at my core. I never took our Z06 to the track, nor will the C5 see it. These are great for the type of commuting you are talking about provided it is NOT Chicago style stop and go. The wife and I have been on several week end trips with it (600 miles round trip) and it is a pleasure. I will say that a fat old bastard like has to hump it to get in and out.

Roy

----------------

On 7/12/2005 4:20:33 PM nicholtl wrote:

Royster, I'm so jealous of you! The Z06 has always been my dream "next" car, (because my dream cars are the Benz SL65 AMG and Lamborghini Murcielago), and to hear that the C6 is better than last year's Z06 model is quite astounding! If that's true, I cannot even WAIT for the new version to come out. I've even heard it won't be called the Z06, but a Z-something else.

----------------

Nic,

As far as I know it will be the Z06 (just on steriods).I have owned some real nasty rides in my day, so finally get to have a couple nice ones, lol. Worse was a 1971 Ford Pinto (Green with black rubber floors) but was happy as could be at the time.

Roy

----------------

Any one own a C6 Corvette

----------------

With or without the BOSE system?

----------------

No, 2.5 seconds fron 0-60 is a silly statement, even for a leigerfelter twin turbo. Simply outrageous. Read my earlier post.

----------------

Bugatti Veyron.