opinions on Samsung 42"&46" DLP TVs please

BobbyT

I would like to see the difference in the picture myself. The new 1080P stuff should be outstanding as long as they are feeding the set 1080P but you might not be able to see the difference until you get it home and start feeding it something that outputs 1080P. I would assume they would have a 1080P demo but you know how salesman are. I have not seen any TV stations sending over 1080I.

JJK

So would you buy now or wait for the 1080p model??

Indy is that Paris city of lights above your fireplace???

====================================================================

Steve

I would wait till we see a lot of 1080P program material.. At this time I do not know of any... but the new HD dvd players when movies are shot in 1080P will tell a lot too pushing the market. I would wait 3-5 years from now maybe a better time to buy.

Yes on the Paris.. We like Thomas Kinkade have 2 of his Artist Proof oils on canvas prints in our house.. your good to notice!!!!

Just my two cents: My friend, Tom owns the 46" Samsung and absolutely loves his. I have seen it and it has a beautiful, sharp and bright image. I know of nothing bad to say about it. Best of luck! 2.gif

Does anybody have any have any experience with short bulb life in a DLP. I've heard the life expectency is less than 2yrs, depending on viewing habits.

This would be a deterrent in purchasing one if the rep. bulb price is equivalent to rep. cost of a DLP front proj. bulb

Anybody have any info.?

----------------

On 7/13/2005 8:21:22 PM tkdamerica wrote:

----------------

On 7/13/2005 8:09:46 PM Whathesae wrote:

... Local NBC affiliate has a digital broadcast but doesn't do hi-def
7.gif
ABC station is too far away.

----------------

I'd move
9.gif
. But that's just me
2.gif

----------------

I would definitely move. And I'm not joking. No Lost, No Desperate Housewives, No Disney Movies, No Law & Orders, No ER, I couldn't do it.

----------------

On 7/14/2005 7:25:48 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Steve

I would wait till we see a lot of 1080P program material.. At this time I do not know of any... but the new HD dvd players when movies are shot in 1080P will tell a lot too pushing the market. I would wait 3-5 years from now maybe a better time to buy.
----------------

This coming from a guy who owns a 61" DLP??? I don't get it.

----------------

On 7/14/2005 9:03:47 PM Whathesae wrote:

Does anybody have any have any experience with short bulb life in a DLP. I've heard the life expectency is less than 2yrs, depending on viewing habits.

This would be a deterrent in purchasing one if the rep. bulb price is equivalent to rep. cost of a DLP front proj. bulb

Anybody have any info.?
----------------

...I wouldn't believe everything you hear. These sets have been out for over 2 years, lets ask someone who has had one that long. Anyone?? Even if it only does last 2 years, it's only a couple hundred bucks every 2 years, doesn't seem like THAT big a deterrent when you are buying a TV that costs several grand.

Nobody has mentioned the rainbow problem with the DLP sets, that's what kept me from buying, I went with an LCD rear projection because of the Rainbows.

----------------

On 7/14/2005 9:03:47 PM Whathesae wrote:

Does anybody have any have any experience with short bulb life in a DLP. I've heard the life expectency is less than 2yrs, depending on viewing habits...

----------------

I chose the Samsung HLN 46 over the 42 because they were the same size, but the DLP HLN-42 had a border around the screen--I would rather have more PICTURE than border.

BTW it fits perfectly in the cabinet my 36 inch TV came out of. Insofar as the bulb--I think I am about to have to get a spare one. It is taking longer for the TV to switch on. I have had my set for 1 1/2 years and is not my primary viewing monitor (maybe on, 2- 3 hrs a day average).

===============================================================

We have two little ones.. Seems like the TV is on and off and on all day... For them.. On at night for the wife and myself.

Were not "TV parents" meaning we do not use it as a babysitter... but between good educational stuff, kid movies, specials.. Coming up on 2 years in a few months it has been flawless.

Besides, the bulb is like 149.00 and 4 screws..(no brainer..)

I still say go for it. Football is almost here!!!

• 5 years later...

We provide LCD Projector Lamps and DLP Television Bulbs. The brand : Akai, Bluesky, Clarity &Margay,Gateway,HITACHI,KOLIN,LOEWE ARTICOS,

MITSUBISHI,OPTOMA ,PHILIPS,SAGEM,SHARP,TOSHIBA,VIVITEK,WILDCAT,BARCO,CHRISTIE,ENVISIONTEC,GEMSTAR,JVC,LG/ZENITH,

MAGNOVOX,OLEVIA,PANASONIC,RCA,THOMSON,SAMSUNG,SONY,VIZIO,ETC. we can provide original bulb and replacement bulb.

If you want , please contact me. our web http://www.inmoul.com . Quality pledge.

Jerome Yang

extrablue.yang@gmail.com

MSN:yangjie821206@hotmail.com