Rf-7 vs. Cornwalls

This is a question for down the line but im intrested. After I update my turntable and get a new amp/pre. I'll be looking for new speakers. Even thought the rf-7's are in a different price range. Which would you suggest. The cornwall or the rf-7. I have the rf-3's and love the sound. But I also like the heritage sound. I listen to classic rock. In the future I would like to use low powerd se amps so which of these would best suit that?

THanks so much guys

It's subjective, we each like different ice cream flavors, same goes here for speakers. You's will have to try and listen to both and decide for yourself. I'm very satisfied with my RF-7's but I used to have Forte II's and kind of wish I kept them for a second system to enjoys both sounds. My choice for 1st pick for me is the RF-7, my second would be Forte II, and I've heard great things abouts Cornwall and wouldn't mind that either for second system.

----------------

On 7/22/2005 3:47:07 AM crazytubepower wrote:

It is a hard choice...does anyone here have cornwalls and live in so cal. I would love a listen.

----------------

I am in Riverside and have Heresy1s, Heresy2s, Forte 1s and Cornwalls. I suppose I could let you have a listen if you get someone to bring you out.

I have both and honestly I think they sound very similar. I think the mids are smoother on the Corn, but still great on the 7's. Other than that, I would have a hard time telling them apart blindfolded. Okay maybe not, but in my case, they are so close in sound, i'd go with the 7's. Based on the fact that they are new, easier to move, easier to aquire, and have a smaller footprint. Your not giving up much with either one.

Jeremy

----------------

On 7/22/2005 3:13:22 PM capo72 wrote:

I have both and honestly I think they sound very similar. I think the mids are smoother on the Corn, but still great on the 7's. Other than that, I would have a hard time telling them apart blindfolded. Okay maybe not, but in my case, they are so close in sound, i'd go with the 7's. Based on the fact that they are new, easier to move, easier to aquire, and have a smaller footprint. Your not giving up much with either one.

Jeremy

----------------

Sorry, but having owned both, I disagree. Corns and RF-7s sound very different from each other just as the Reference and Heritage lines sound, in general, very different from each other. I would agree that the mids are perhaps smoother with Corns (with certain equipment), but RF-7s are much more detailed and forward speakers than Corns. Not "forward" necessarily in a bad way - but more forward, notwithstanding. And while the bass is significant for both, I found the RF-7s to have tighter bass, but the Corns to have more significant bass.

Even though I said in my previous response - that given your amp preferences - you might want to consider Corns.....given that you really like the sound of your RF-3s, I would opt for RF-7s, unless you can hear a pair of Cornwalls first.

Carl.

I think the bigger the horn, the more it loves tubes. Buy the biggest horns for your space and budget.

Your low powered harmon kardon receiver will easily power a set of Corns.

I do not think RF-7s are much more detailed and forward speakers than Corns. In fact, Corns are criticized as being too forward, although it can be their crossover that is at fault, causing a 5-8kHz bounce that harshens the upper end. I think the FR7 bass might go deeper, while the Corns are more natral, with a 15 woofer and a mid-bass bounce around 80-100Hz.

Did you answer me before? Do you play a musical instrument?

10.gif