La Scala Grill Cloth

tolle45958

Anyone know where I can find frames w/grill cloth for La Scala's? Called Klipsch and they have black only. I am looking for light cane grill. I know I could buy the frame from Klipsch, then have already found a factory that has the cane, but thought someone on the forum may know of a better option or better yet have a good used pair? Thanks.

• 10 months later...

I would like to add exactly the same type of grille's to my La Scalas. Did you find where you could buy grilles?

If not, could you post where the cane grille cloth can be ordered?

Was there any particular person or division of Klipsch that you contacted to order the frames?

thanks, netbar

As an fyi, the models of lascala's that have grills are different from the models that don't.

I have both types....the non-grill type has a flat face, while the grill type has a rim around the horn face plate in which the grill sits in.

The cane fabric can be had from Wendell Fabrics I don't have the part number handy though (do a search it has been posted numerous times). The grills with the black fabric on them can be had from Klipsch parts for about $50 last I knew.

I have the flat face model La Scala. Do you have any suggestions how to best go about mod'ing them to add the cane grille cloth?

Thanks for the reply about Wendell fabrics. Found it easily with a search.

Besides Wendell there is http://www.speakerfoam.com/fabric3.asp style N4134 is about as close as you'll ever get to the original Klipsch cane. The background mesh is black as opposed to Klipsch's brown. And in the horizontal weave, the cane is plastic, Klipsch's was cane. I think the efforts to find original Klipsch cane have been pretty well exhausted in the last couple of years. I sure couldn't find any.

I had swatches from Wendell and New Foam. Can't remember why I chose New Foam, as I recall, both swatches were identical.

• 1 month later...