Need to know the name of a Jazz song�driving me nuts

rplace

OK, this should be amusing. I am trying to figure out the name of a song that has no words. I am pretty sure it would be considered Jazz. It has a great drum solo in the middle. Blaring trumpet and/or sax at the beginning. It is one of those songs that everyone in the world knows as soon as they hear it. I do know it is NOT Take Five by Dave Brubeck.

Another thing that sticks out in my mind is that I seem to remember some Richard Geere movie where he is drumming the song either with his hands or with sticks.but no actual drums.

Do I have to embarrass myself by posting a wav file of myself humming the song that is haunting me in my head or can you guys figure it out form what I have described?

Also the artist/album would be appreciated so I could buy it.

If you think you have a lead on the song and can find an online sample of it pass it on so I can stop racking my brain.

Thanks, Rich

----------------

On 7/25/2005 2:32:43 PM rplace wrote:

If you think you have a lead on the song and can find an online sample of it pass it on so I can stop racking my brain.

----------------

do it!

for entertainment value atleast :)

----------------

On 7/25/2005 2:48:54 PM tofu wrote:

do it!

for entertainment value atleast
:)

----------------

I am guessing you are talking about me making a wav file and humming the song. Not quite that desperate yet...I am confident somebody will know what I am talking about. Getting close though.

"Do I have to embarrass myself by posting a wav file of myself humming the song that is haunting me in my head or can you guys figure it out form what I have described?"

Do it! Perhaps you could also do a nice rendition of your interpretation of the drum solo as well?2.gif9.gif

does it go

da da da da da da da da da da da dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

da da da da da da da dummmm

??

If it does, I remember the tune, but not the name. Sorry!

Woo

----------------

On 7/25/2005 3:24:51 PM mdeneen wrote:

"It has a great drum solo in the middle. Blaring trumpet and/or sax at the beginning."

===============

Well, at least that narrows it down to about 10,000 possibles.

mdeneen

----------------

Drum solo. Did Iron Butterfly do it? 6.gif

Terry

Mdeneen, 10,000 is that all? I must have described it pretty well. Get going and give me my first candidate.

Captn B, I have found a few 30 second samples on linemaybe not 100% sure. Drums sound right, horns do not. I need the full version.

J.4 I will get to drums in if I get the nerve to post it

Woo, I think you are closekeep it coming

Pauln, not quite that heavy on the drumsgreat songjust watched/listened to it yesterday on How the West Was Won DVD. Amazing!

IB Slam, dont think so

Sputnik, I just about have the cahones now to do itdesperation setting inI know I will regret this. Check back for the best music to ever grace your Klipsch speakers. Off to look for a mic.

Now I know this will come back to haunt me. Some day I will be running for President or something and this will derail my campaign. Warning this is pretty bad I have no formal music training. The horns are the first part and it ends with the drums. I pity all that listen.

Me making an A$$ of myself to get this song out of my head

If only we had this sort of dirt from the Colter/Indy road trip. I bet that was some good singing in the car after many hours.

Enjoy, Rich

What do you mean no formal music training? Musicians in the studio and behind the stage do just what you did all the time. Any horn section and drummer would know exactly how to play that from what you did. Unfortunatly it does not remind me of the piece you're seeking.

Searching music by sample example may be the next BIG THING for Google?

Sputnik, No, not A Train. I know that one. The Rolling Stones used that just before they took the stage on their 80 or 81 tour.

This song is ripping fast and furious. Sounds like the song is angry. Just about anyone with a pulse would know the drums in it. Was my .wav file that bad that even with my fantastic version it is still a mystery?

Pauln, Thanks I dont feel so bad now. I was getting all red faced and sweaty just thinking about posting it. You know the kind of last minute news segment where they say, Now from the wacky world of the Internet here is the latest idiot

I am counting on Alan to be all over this now and give me all I need to know about this gem.

I am off to scrounge up some dinner (Bachelor this week). I'll check back in about 20 minutes and expect all the questions to be magically lifted.

Bingo! I guess CaptnBob was right. I just could not find a 30 second version on all the mp3 sites I tried that sounded right. Parot's clip is right on the money.

That is the song I was thinking of for sure. However, I am not quite sure that was the song I was thinking of that Richard Geere was banging away on in the movie that I have no idea what the name was or what the plot was. Man, I am very helpful in nailing down the details don't ya think?

How about another song along those lines with almost exclusive drums. Another famous one.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now I can sleep tonight.