HighEnd in Little Rock

kdcarroll

Thanks for the quick reply! I bought speakers from Custom here in Jonesboro, and was VERY DISAPPOINTED with the level of service (NONE), and the stock. The local store seems to only care about car audio, with a very small sampling of speakers, etc.; which they seem to price about 20% higher than average.

Is the LR store more "home audio" friendly? Do they have any amps, etc.?

Thanks again for the news.

They are a Home Audio store that have been there forever. They are even mentioned in the "Paul Klipsch Biography." I used to work a few doors down and bought my first stereo system from them 25 years ago.6.gif

I have heard from friends that their pricing is high, but they have good customer service from what I understand. They should have the Reference line in stock, but I am not for sure.

When I went there over a month ago, they had the THX system setup, but weren't able to demo it (that has been a running theme in my life as of lately.)14.gif

If I were you I would call around to non local authorized Klipsch dealers (from the Klipsch website) to find out how much you could get the RC-7 for and then use that price to negotiate what you are willing to pay for it at Custom Audio.

Insofar as separates--I don't know what they carry. I did see they had upper end Denons (i.e. AVR 5805)

BTW: Welcome to the Forum 1.gif

Thanks to all for the great advice. I spent a blissful hour at Custom Audio today (listening to a demo room of Klipsch THX driven by Denon flagship). At the end of the hour, I purchased the RC-7 for a decent price. They ordered the unit, and will call for pick-up next week.

I was sincerely impressed with the quality of the shop, and most especially the helpful, knowledgable staff. They are obviously a serious audio retail establishment, and I would have no problems recommending them to anyone. They spent time impressing my nieces with Shrek II and Nemo while explaining technical questions to my wife. I can honestly say I haven't had a more pleasant experience. I can't wait to shop there again (as soon as I save the change for that Denon......)

Thanks again for all the great help!

K

Sorry for being late to this one, but you could have stopped in Searcy at i believe Audio Express ( across the highway from Wal Mart ) They have the Reference set up in the home theater setting and it is impressive. My best friend bought the RF, RC and RS-7's from them at better prices than he could get in Little Rock. We all live in Cabot about half way between either location. So the driving distance was not a factor. Now as for the equipment they have to drive them with i dont know what it was but i was impressed. And yes they do have the car audio stuff to keep them in business. I am using 3 Belle's, 2 Heresey's and a KLF-C7 with a cheap Sony H/T unit; until i can find and afford some Mcintosh tube gear. Hope this helps. Bill

----------------

On 7/28/2005 9:36:02 PM kdcarroll wrote:

I can't wait to shop there again (as soon as I save the change for that Denon......)

----------------

Congratulations! If you are getting that Denon 5805 I really am jealous. 2.gifI have the 4802-R (along with the 3805 and 3803, in other setups;-) and I am real impressed with it.

I also prefer my Klipsch Reference Theater over the THX line, however don't those subs kick some serious bass? I hate to hear that they didn't have the RC-7 in stock--That is the pivotal piece for several 5.1 systems--It makes no sense not having one in stock. I am glad you had a good experience. Jerry sold me my first system 25 years ago and Mike Callaham let me talk his ear off about my system when I was in there a couple of months ago.

Please keep us posted how long it takes to get your RC-7 and what you think once you do get it. 1.gif

Kj5dq is correct. Audio Express in Searcy does have a

dedicated HT room

with nice equipment. They handle the full Klipsch line. For you Arkansas guys it's probably worth the drive as they will deal. I read this forum for about 2 months and decided to ante up for the RF-7's and RC-7. Thank you forum members for all the advice and knowledge.

I asked (Danny) to

price match the unauthorized internet stores and he did. He even let me

take home a Maple setup while my Cherry was being shipped. May just have

been small town service but they earned my business for life.

JT

(through gritted teeth!!) The story doesn't seem to have a happy ending. When I purchased the RC-7, they told me Custom Audio does not keep stock of the RC-7, and would have to order the unit from the factory. The Sales Manager assured me "it would be in the store in 5 to 7 days". Well, Thursday was 7 days, and no speaker. I called, and was told "we got a shipment of Klipsch speakers yesterday, but yours wasn't there". He said "they ship it sometime next week". When I asked if he could be any more specific so I could get off work to drive to Little Rock and pick-up the speaker, he said "no".

Wish I had my speaker.....still

8.gif

< blockquote>

----------------

On 8/5/2005 10:43:27 PM kdcarroll wrote:

....they told me Custom Audio does not keep stock of the RC-7, and would have to order the unit from the factory. The Sales Manager assured me "it would be in the store in 5 to 7 days". Well, Thursday was 7 days, and no speaker.

----------------

I am REALLY sorry to hear that. If any store could do what they said they were going to do, I would think Custom Audio would be the one. Not having displayed Items readily available is one of my pet peeves and hence I am glad you gave us the update.

When we had Ultimate Electronics here and they didn't have items, weeks and sometimes months at a time I wrote letters to both ULTE and Klipsch expressing how many sales they were missing because of lack of inventory. The only response I received was from Ultimate's Dave Workman. It was basically a form letter saying that he was sorry that my experience was less than satisfactory and he was glad I brought it to their attention.14.gif

If I were you I would be livid and be calling the other store immediately and see if THEY have one in stock--If they don't please let us know so we (at least I) can be upset with you.11.gif

Day 11....sadly, no speaker. I took your advice and contacted the Searcy store. They had a single "demo" speaker ("it has never been hooked up") which they were willing to part with for at about $150 higher than the "mystery" speaker I am currently waiting to appear from Little Rock. With the much higher price and the sorta` strange "not in box" status; I felt I wasn't going to be much better off than I am in my present situation. In abject frustration, I broke down and called the local dealer (who I promised myself I would NEVER do business with again). He was nice, and told me he had no RC-7, but could get one from the Searcy store....

The institution where I teach, Arkansas State, was blessed by PWK; we have every room stocked with LaScallas, Forte's etc. I love the sound of my home speakers; but I have to admit; this situation has caused me to rethink a great deal of issues. I love this forum, and have learned so much; but I might not be a klipsch owner for much longer......

He told you he could get one at the Searcy store, which you already called and they said they only had one demo speaker? I would ask what the source of the problem was and remind them that to save the sale, there is a company called FedEx!

Then again it could be a Klipsch distribution situation. Either way it doesn't help you. I am sorry to hear of your experience and completely understand your frustration.

1.gif Good News!!!!!!

Custom Audio woke my wife with good news; my speaker is in!!!

Can't get off work until Saturday to go get it (thought seriously about quiting!)

Now I don't care about cost or driving distance or gasoline; I just want to hear this baby dance!!

Thanks all for the help; esp. Tkdamerica

I'll update when I get it in....after I recover from my coma!!

Best!

K9.gif

Got the speaker home late last night with every intention of waiting until this morning to do all the elaborate "moving" necessary to swap out the old center channel. Instead, the "gravity" of the box sitting next to the rack was too much for me. I got the install finished about 11, and "tested" until about one, when I think my eyes were swollen shut.

The RC-7 is an amazing speaker, and a SIGNIFICANT upgrade. The wife noticed and commented about the difference and improvement. That soundtracks are clear, distinct and appropriately positioned is to be expected; but the impact on music was a little suprising. While I originally hunted this piece to end my "upgrade-itis"; I'm afraid it has only served to make matters worse.

On a related note; I spoke with Custom about my interest in an amp to increase headroom. The sales manager approved of my request, and asked if I was familiar with B and K. When I said I was, was very interested in the reference 5 channel, and was aware that Custom was an authorized dealer; he said: "Great amp, we don't have them in stock". I just smiled and left with my speaker. Hard to sell what you don't have; and that picture just won't cut it.

Thanks again!

K