Band of Brothers

Has anyone watched this series right through? I have to say, probably the main reason I started building a Klipsch Reference system was because of Band of Brothers, and although I've seen all the episodes I want to watch it right through with a big group of friends when my system is completed. It's not only just the sound quality, but the acting and dramatic performances are of the upmost high in quality and everyone should witness this mini series by Spielberg on their home theaters. I also believe it's the least people of this generation could do out of respect to honor and understand what those guys went through during the second world war.

Just my two cents..

If you liked Band of Brothers then rent Saints and Soldiers. It is based on events from World War 2. There are not any huge battles like in Saving Private Ryan but the battles have excellent surround sound effects. It also tries to give you a idea of how these soldiers would bond together and fight not for their country or glory but for each other.

Xman

----------------

On 7/30/2005 12:22:09 AM Kyler Cavers wrote:

I also believe it's the least people of this generation could do out of respect to honor and understand what those guys went through during the second world war.

Just my two cents..

----------------

Amen to that! It should be required viewing in school before you are allowed to graduate. Awesome piece of work.

Band of Brothers is one of the very best. I have watched it many times and enjoy it every time.

The sound effects are very good, but not realistic. A super sonic rifle bullet goes by with a sonic boom followed by the muzzle blast from the weapon that fired it. Subsonic bullets go by with the zing depicted in Band of Brothers. The German MG 42s (machineguns) and rifles all had super sonic muzzle velocities.

Bill

• 5 years later...