project la scala from begining to who knows when done

thumperxes

so i couldnt wait to show off my lascala project. the wood veneer i chose to se was pomele sapeli since it is exotic and not seen much unless you go onto a carver yacht. The company i work for has scrap various size peices that end up in the trash. all i have to do is cut them and tape the peices together and have someone at my jop press it for me. since the company i work for makes custom veneer plywood. i cant aford to buy out right a pair used but ill be buying peice to compleet the project over time all i need is 2 k33 and a x over. i figure ill be done with the cabinates in like a month due to waiting for more veneer to come my way (to the trash that is) FREE i just couldnt wait to show off some of my project to fellow klipsch lovers ill be posting pics here and there so just be patient til im done

post-18125-13819269172144_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool Project!!!

I am not familiar with that veneer, but it is certainly good looking.

The K-33s are about $125 each from Klipsch, which really is not a bad price.

Regarding the pocket screws, don't worry about it. The major strength of the joint comes from the glue. The screws/nails hold it place & tight while the glue dries.

Good luck on your project. You should be braging - it looks fantastic!

-Tom

VERY SEXY wood, that is a neat project. Reminds me of that old song about a guy working in a Cadillac assembly line. His car, built from pieces he brings home in his lunchbox is a 59-64-62 model....

Does your company sell over internet? Got an address or phone for the company? THere's a lot of us looking to update our speakers and could possibly use your services.

Michael

well this weekend ive been tapeing the peices ov veneer together to make the side panels and the top peice and on monday ill press them on the plywood and edge them through the week hopefully ill be able to assembly and fill the wood by the near end of week and be able to post more pics

i work at a company that makes plywood panels and we press it on core any thing from sycamore, mostly cherry, pomele sapeli, dodge walnut, teak and ribbon stripe mahogany and pretty much any other type of wood. the presses that press the veneer on use somethin like 35 - 50 psi at 200 dregrees to press the veneer on (lets just say i have acess to alot of nice tools like sliding table saws or programable ones) i just do what i can at home and cut the wood at work its a chore to bring it back and forth but its worth it, just can be a pain when i get home to find out i need to bring a peice back and saw off like .040 off to make things line up after i glue edge banding on the sides to maintain the 24.5 depth