Made my mind up

mowntnbkr

After listening to the debate from my ? from a newbie post and knowing where my heart lies, I am taking the Heritage path starting with Heresy II and rw10. I will move my model 14's to the rear and should I use my 601's or 301's for sbr/sbl? I have the bose so one will get used for that and the others will go down to the woodshop with my Pioneer sx-880. I do appreciate all the input you guys have provided. I now fear for I know the path is both slippery and steep!!!!

Congrats on your decision. I've owned various Reference lines (3/35 and 7s) as well as a variety of Heritage, and given your preferences, I think you will like your decision.

No disrespect to Reference intended. A great speaker line, and I will continue to own them in my house. But, for my primary music system, my heart (and ears) lie with Heritage.

Heresy II (or even Heresy I) is a great place to start with Heritage. They may be all that you desire as far as main go. On the other hand, if you eventually also want larger Heritage (I think you may have been contemplating Belles as some point), a Heresy makes a nice Heritage center - down the road.

Good move on moving the 14s to the side. As to the Bose, I would probably use the 601s for rear, rear surround duty. Again, try and keep the best speakers in your rotation as you go through the update cycle. However, if placement of those floorstanders is an issue, then go with the 301s.

I agree with Shane O' Mac. If possible, get a larger sub than a RW10. You might be thinking that it would be fine with the majority of music, but the one time you listen to a bass-intensive movie, you will love your larger sub.

Comgrats and yes.....you are now on the slippery slope!!

Carl.

Well, I have the rw12 in cherry coming along with the HII's. I got the package for $1600 and no tax. I am sure I could have spent less on the "bay", but I feel better knowing they are brand new. They will be on the barge on Wed. and I should have them Sat. I am soooooo pumped!!!!

Sam

Congradulations Mowntnbkr , I'm sure you would have been happy with either of your choices . After all who doesn't like to get new toys . New Heresys huh , I haven't seen a new pair since the early 90's . I bought my first pair of Heresys in '93 from a college student down town . They were a little rough , both tweets blown , water stains on top , and peeling veneer . After replacing the diaphrams and giving the cabinents a little tlc they have served me well ever since . Last year I purchased 2 more pair so that my home theater would have matching mains and surrounds . I can't reccomend it enough ! I will say that even though the Herseys are efficient little buggers they realy sing with lots of good clean power , and a good sub definitely helps . The upgrade bug never stops though and this year for my 40th B-Day i purchased a nice pair of Belles . I have been wanting a pair for more than 25 years and now I've got them . Happy B-Day to me indeed ! Not that they are my last stop by anymeans , one day they will make excellent surrounds ! The photo I included was taken on the day I received my Belles . The black '86 models used to be my mains , now they are my rears . The raw birch one in the background is one of my '88 models and is now serving as my center . My first pair which are '90 models are getting a little clean-up before going to my sister and brother in laws house . Their soon to be new home . It never stops , so don't say I didn't tell you so ... I call the photo Heresy Row . 10.gif

post-18289-13819269195676_thumb.jpg

Heresy stables more like it!! That is sweet and with the bells.......Schweeet!! I actually have never heard a set of Klipsch so it should be doubly delicious for me. I also have never had a sub and the rw12 looks like it should fit the bill nicely. My next set will definately be used, maybe some cornwalls or Khorns or Belles or, or......dang does it ever stop! I will be getting a new bigscreen soon so the whole home theater experience should be incredible compared to how I have been watching. After all that I am not sure if I should get an amp before I get another set of speakers, I don't want to work my HK AVR430 too hard.

Sam

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/13/2005 10:47:58 AM HatTrick66 wrote:

Carl-Does anything need to be done to the Heresy to use it as a center other than the bucking magnets to shield it?

thanks

Dean
----------------

Try it first, you might not need the magnets. I have a Heresy center channel under my t.v. (about 6" seperation) that creates no picture problems.