RB-75 Quality, Long short story

Bonzo

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/19/2005 7:53:23 AM gcoker wrote:

----------------

On 8/19/2005 6:36:38 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

Where and how did you get these?

Mike is right, connectors do come off in shipping from time to time.

I worked on that speaker in the R & D stages. It had good low end.

Steve p uses the 75 for his mains in his HT. They do a fine job.

you can thank GM for the funny screws. For us, ID likes them better than phillips.

----------------

AGAIN that's unacceptable. What's this from time to time crap. It is

Klipsch responsibility to deliver a first rate product free from defect.

If there product cannot be packaged so that internal wires will not come off

then they need to change their production methods. If I had brought any Klipsch

speaker home and had to take it apart because it did not work that damn thing

would be back at the dealer and I would be auditioning another speaker. I do not

and would not make any excuses on poor production/shipping.

----------------

From time to time people on this forum act like buttholes. Most of the time we put up with it. This time you pissed me off! It sounds to me like you need to buy a different brand of speaker. (Bose may suit you, small and tinny)

We ship 500,000 products a year or more. We have 2 tech support to cover the home, pro and contractor products. The whole customer service group has only 15 or so people in it. Most of them take care of the dealers. Only 4 talk to customers. We have about 300 products that we sell. Now if we had / have a problem with bad products don't you think we would need more help?

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/19/2005 10:40:15 AM m00n wrote:

Ok... most of you have been expecting this.... Said it before, I'll say it again.

A pair of RC7s > A pair of RB75s

I don't like to insult Klipsch speakers, but to me, the RB75s have a plastic sound to them. It was VERY evident when I did a side by side. A pair RC7s up against a pair of RB75s. When listening to the RB75s by them selves, they sound fine, but when you do a side by side, it was evident to me.

I'm not a speaker designer but I suspect the reason behind it is because the entire front of the RB75 is one big chunk of molded plastic. I dunno.

Just my 25cents

----------------

Moon, you know we are friends. and each to his own.

The entire front is plastic because of 2 things.

1. it lowered the cost of building the products. On the RC,RF 7 and RF5 the front board you see is MDF that is puddied and painted 4 times before it is placed on a speaker. Then it is glued on. we could only build 400 or so a day with a 15-20% kull rate. that limited how many speaker we could build. Plus it would take more time.

2. with a plastic front the motor board (the board the woofers are screwed in to) is

"in-set" which means that it is placed in a grove and glued on 3 sides. this makes for a much stronger cabinet and more ridiged motorboard. the whole speaker can be built in about 15 min.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/19/2005 11:53:08 AM gcoker wrote:

----------------

Give me a break, who makes anything that is 100% free from defects.

Get a grip!!!!

----------------

Apparently not Klipsch. By the way do a search on the forum for RSW

getting home DOA. And guy's it's internal wires comming loose inside the

speakers...give me a break...cheap. Gorilla glue the damn things.

----------------

Quit using monstor cable and connectors is what we did to fix this...

Go get em Trey!

I never thought the Monster Cable idea was that great anyway. But I do like my RB5's where I can rotate the horn for horizontal placement. Probably only 1% of users would have this need and/or even think of it.

I think Klipsch has always done a beautiful job of engineering and building their products. If it were not for continual advances in manufacturing processes and managing inventory, Klipsch might not be with us today.

I do find the 15-20% cull rate a little astounding though. What is the biggest contributor to this number?

Keep it up guys.

On 8/19/2005 7:53:23 AM gcoker wrote:

----------------

AGAIN that's unacceptable. What's this from time to time crap. It is

Klipsch responsibility to deliver a first rate product free from defect.

If there product cannot be packaged so that internal wires will not come off

then they need to change their production methods. If I had brought any Klipsch

speaker home and had to take it apart because it did not work that damn thing

would be back at the dealer and I would be auditioning another speaker. I do not

and would not make any excuses on poor production/shipping.

----------------

You're right, this is unacceptable. Klipsch needs to take a stance and have full control over every component they put in their speakers. A Klipsch screw and wire terminator division needs to be established so each and every connector can be scrutinized after production to make sure it is in perfect spec. Next up should be the lumber division to make sure only the finest trees are cut down and processed into MDF. And who can forget the Inductor, Capacitor and Resistor division And while we're at it, the Klipsch Worldwide Logistics division needs to be established so they can have full control of the product from the factory to the dealer's door. Then, once Klipsch is completely vertically integrated we can be sure we're only getting the best product. It'll cost us a little more but to the millionaires that can still afford the Klipsch brand, it'll be worth it.

Oh wait, they already have a 5 year warranty to take care of any speaker defects so none of that is necessary. Perhaps some of you need a lesson in practicality.

UPS%20wins.jpg

plain and simple why your connectors fell off. And hey I worked closely with both ups and fedex and dhl and a local delivery man. Who did we like the best and who delivered the the right amount of shipment with no damage. The local delivery man because he stands behind his delivery. DHL, Fedex, and UPS are like well file it with our insurer. Plus the DOA rate on the local delivery man was much much lower then any of them. DOA is when the machine does not work from the time it leaves the factory to the time a customer opens it up. In which three factors. Delivery, off site storage, and onsite storage. (always could be the customer that drops the box before they get home but we'll never know 2.gif )

post-13377-1381926927041_thumb.jpg

Good picture Jay. The 800 pound gorillas that ship things do more damage than anything else.

There was a fellow on another forum with B&W Signature 800Ds that had a woofer wire that came disconnected. It happens on even the most expensive speakers. Of course you can buy Wilson's most expensive speakers for $250,000 per pair and have Mr. Wilson personally install them.

I have purchased 18 Klipsch speakers NIB. Not one was bad. The worst that happened was that the humidity in Hope was so high that ther was condensation on my RSW-15 when it arrived. A little furniture polish removed the water spots from the condensation.

Bill

I think it's pretty cool that I can fly from Indy to Miami, but a pair of 1963 Cornwalls, transport them 1300 miles back home, plug em in, and they WORK LIKE THEY WERE NEW.

You can't say that about any other speaker manufacturer. We have proven it time and time again. Klipsch quality is outstanding. Why else would we call it Heritage?

btw, from Webster's New World Dictionary. Heritage - property which is or can be inheirited.

incidentally on the same page at Heresy- any opinion opposed to established views

VERY COOL!

Michael

Hey Michael, I am very calm. Once again, I should have kept my big mouth, or in this case key board, shut! Didn't mean for this to be a "B**** session." I am rather sad as I sold my Forte's this weekend.15.gif I now think I want some Chorus I's or maybe II's. Do you have a preference?

Mark

• Moderators

I see Trey is in complete control of this one 1.gif

By the way, our products are made by people, not machines. This fact is important to us, but unfortunately, people can make mistakes. That's why we have a warranty.

Bonzo,

If you liked your Fortes, you'll really like the Chorus. I have original Fortes and Chorus IIs. I haven't done a direct A/B -- that's just way too many pounds of speakers to haul around the house to satisfy an idle curiosity -- but my impression is that the Chorus II sounds a little more detailed and refined at low volumes than the Forte does. It can go a little louder if for some reason you find Fortes aren't loud enough. They do need a good strong amp to control those big woofers if you want to go loud -- bass will get flabby with a weak amp. They are more alike than different.

IMO, etc.

O

Wow...I almost can't believe I'm reading this thread. Someone peed in someone's wheaties this morning (don't worry, not talking about you Bonzo!)

Anyway, my Klipsch speakers are about the only part of my HT I HAVEN'T had any problems with. I'm on my second (replaced under waranty) HK AVR525, and my third (exchanged) Hitachi TV.

I'm on my first pair of RF3-II's, RC-3-II, and RS3-II's. I'm on my first pair of Promedia 2.1's. And I'm on my first pair of RB25's. All work and look great.

We had a similar problem to this when I was working at Audio Designs building the consoles/monitors for Brunswick...The units would always work in the shop before we shipped them (we tested every single one for about 8 hours), but we kept getting damaged units back that just needed a small wire fix here and there. As long as we were under a 1% error rate we were fine...the cable providers that we outsourced to however had to have under a 5% error rate (and they'd send about 2% extra on every order)...we would be throwing out bad cables left and right, sometimes fix them but it wasn't worth the effort. It was so easy though for a cable to function, but actually be broken and inadvertantly be put in...only for it to break later down the road. Ironically, we would have more problems with the cables that broke less often because we would get in the habit of not checking everything single aspect of them...though if we did that the man hours would have easily doubled which would be so much incredibly more expensive than the cost of a 1% faulty return.

There are probably a bunch of ways that klipsch could reduce this 1% error rate (if it's even that high), but is it really worthwhile in the long run for everyone involved?

----------------

On 8/20/2005 10:59:29 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

----------------

On 8/19/2005 11:53:08 AM gcoker wrote:

----------------

Give me a break, who makes anything that is 100% free from defects.

Get a grip!!!!

----------------

Apparently not Klipsch. By the way do a search on the forum for RSW

getting home DOA. And guy's it's internal wires comming loose inside the

speakers...give me a break...cheap. Gorilla glue the damn things.

----------------

Quit using monstor cable and connectors is what we did to fix this...

----------------

I thought it was a people "mistake"? Now your bashing Monster Cable? LOL

• Like 1

----------------

On 8/24/2005 12:59:09 PM gcoker wrote:

I thought it was a people "mistake"? Now your bashing Monster Cable? LOL

----------------

Prob cuz monster cable in their mass marketing schemes had a high crap rate, which when combined with the klipsch workers in the factory a low percentage made it through that shouldn't have (even though they tested out fine before shipping)...and the ones that shouldn't have made it through should have been fine anyway if the shipping companies weren't so crazy. There isn't a single manufacturing plant in the world with a zero percent error rate.

Btw, they dropped monster a long time ago and there were prob all sorts of other reasons too. Should we attack the next klipsch employee's credibility the next time one of them provides us with additional reasons?...it truly is annoying when people twist up stories, trying to focus on particular issues only trying to place blaim.

Yes, you paid for a working speaker and guess what, you ended up with a working speaker (which also would have been the case at klipsch expense if you had taken it back to the dealer).

This situation reminds me of all the people that rent movies back home when I used to work in a video store...they'd cry and complain about a disc being scratched and expect huge retribution. I politely tell them that if it's such a big deal that we'd be more than willing to check the disc before they left, but it is logistically impossible to check every disc as it is returned (unless of course the customers want to pay more so as to fund a better/faster disc checker). So in this case, I would politely tell you to test the speaker while you're at the store before you leave to save you the hassle of complaining about it later. The ironic thing about the video renters is they will profusely refuse standing there and waiting for the disc checker to finish.

It's a typical trend in america...gotta have instant gratification and it has got to be someone else's fault whenever any inconveniences are encountered.

My take on the original poster's situation is that mistakes do indeed happen, though in such an expensive product they shouldn't, which is why Klipsch has a 5 year warranty. The original poster should have simply shipped the intermittently working ones back to Klipsch (shipping out of Klipsch's pocket if possible) for replacement rather than ripping them apart. No idea how much experience he had in taking apart speakers, but he could have harmed something, and then guess what? Damage you cause isn't covered by warranty. So Klipsch is willing to fix situations like this if we let them.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 8/25/2005 12:56:20 PM MD1032 wrote:

My take on the original poster's situation is that mistakes do indeed happen, though in such an expensive product they shouldn't, which is why Klipsch has a 5 year warranty. The original poster should have simply shipped the intermittently working ones back to Klipsch (shipping out of Klipsch's pocket if possible) for replacement rather than ripping them apart. No idea how much experience he had in taking apart speakers, but he could have harmed something, and then guess what? Damage you cause isn't covered by warranty. So Klipsch is willing to fix situations like this if we let them.
----------------

In tech support what they do, (I did), is suggest that the customer take the speaker apart with our Phone help. If the customer is not ok with that, then take it back to your dealer.

IF the customer is ok with it, and we can not talk them through the fix, then we send them back to the dealer or have them return the product. (we split the shipping most of the time)

STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

Our return rate for that speaker is about 0.3% to date.