For Sale WO Chours - Nice!

rplace

If there is any interest in a pair of beautiful Walnut Oiled Chorus out there please let me know. I really dont want to ship them but will if we can work things out with a freight company. I dont think FedEx or UPS is a good way to go but will if you want to, insurance would be a must.

I am the 2nd owner and they just about perfect in every way. Purchased new the owner died after 2 years of use. They stayed in the family tucked away until I bought them last November. I believe they are 1988s or 89s but can get the serial number if you like. All edges are razor sharp and corners are crisp and tight.

Very minor flaws can be found here and there if you are less then arms length away and trying to find problems. See the not so great picture below to get an idea of them. I can take very high resolution pix in bright light for people with serious interest.

The only reason I would be selling is because I have several pair of Klipsch speakers and the idea of them just sitting, not being used, does not sit well with me.

I paid 750 for the chorus and drove about 1.5 hours each way to get them. As soon as I got them I paid about 50 bucks for tempered glass tops. I am looking to get my 750 back out of themyou can have the glass tops for free.

I am in the Baltimore, MD area. Willing to let you come out listen to them as long as you like or I can travel a reasonable distance to meet you between D.C., Philly, Wilmington, etc. I will also be running a half marathon Labor Day weekend in Va. Beach Virginia so could bring them along if you like.

If there is more interest in a pair of OO Forte II I might be willing to sell them and keep the Chorus. My Forte IIs have been mine since day one new out of the factory box from Hope. The have more sentimental value then the Chorus so that is my motivation in keeping the Forte II over the Chorus.

I have bought/sold a few speakers with forum members let me know if you want a reference.

rpChorusKhorn.JPG

post-16462-1381926927492_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 8/19/2005 11:10:27 AM bigyank wrote:

Tried to PM you but failed. I would love to see some hi-res pics please!

----------------

The forum is pretty much hit or miss on that. Send an to email me rplace@*NoSpam*mantistech.com as a reminder and I will take the pix this weekend. I will then email them back to you. I can give you pix that will be a MB or more in size each. Can you get attachments that big? Do you really want them (pix that is not speakers) or just kicking the tires? I am using one as a center channel and the other is nicely wrapped up in many blankets in my spare bedroom. These beasts are pretty bulky and difficult to move.

BTW I forgot to mention in my first post that I am not really willing to move on price. They will fetch close to a grand on ebay in the fall/winter. Last year I passed on a WO CI pair with water ring at $950.

Sorry if I am sounding like a jerk here...no my intention. Just don't want to waste our time.

Thanks, Rich

P.S. if you can't figure out what to remove from my email to make it work you are not worthy of my fine speakers 9.gif2.gif11.gif

Damn public school education. 10.gif

The original buyer died after owning them for two years. For many years they went unused by his heirs. I was the lucky stiff (pun intended) 11.gif that bought them, thus I am the 2nd owner...you might argue the 3rd.

Hey I did not offer them 20 bucks for them; similar to Allans vinyl buying sleaze-ball establishment story in 2 channel.

Original owner was not a forum member so make light all you like. Man I am a jerk today, no? 9.gif

I like you a lot Rich but you are acting like a MAJOR JERK this afternoon! This morning you were such a nice guy! WTF happened?????9.gif

This is no way to sell speakers!!!!

BTW - I can vouch for Rich's speakers (not his personality2.gif). He's a major neat freak and if he says they're mint, they're MINT!

Don't worry, I still love ya.13.gif

----------------

On 8/25/2005 9:56:49 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Rich, did you hook up with some WO Belle's finally? Pretty tough to find pairs within traveling distance.

----------------

Well I was going to wait until they are actually in my house to let the cat out of the bag. But I cannot see this NOT happening unless Joe's (Joessporster) entire house gets taken away by an alien space ship or they are a pile of kindling wood when I show up. Joe offered his WO pair to GaryMD and him and I are going to pick them up on Saturday. Gary will have center for 2 channel and I will complete my HT set up. Joe got Khorns last week from reading posts, I believe. I think these are the pair Dylanl sold to Joe a while back.

I have been on the hunt and made contact with sellers in K.C., Cinci, Michigan, MD, FL, and other places. None were really quite the right combination of all factors. Joe is in MD, but just about as far a drive as I can make and still be in the same state. No complaints on the drive from my end.

Will report back about 7.1 HT with Khorn/Belle/Khorn and 4 Heresies all in WO as soon as I can. As homer would say Whoooo Hooooo! I just hope this premature post does not jinx me in any way.

Now I think I can finally post my room in the "show us your HT" thread.

Wish us all luck, Rich

----------------

On 8/19/2005 2:14:38 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

'Purchased new the owner died after 2 years of use. '

Not to make light of the demise of a proud Klipsch owner, but why does this sentence sound like the man was killed by the speakers?

Michael

----------------

Sorry Rich, meant that as a joke, sorry I caught you on a bad day. Everything okay now? That screening room looks gorgeous man, and what a collection of speakers. Hope your sale goes well.

Peace bro,

Michael

No problem at all CP1. I was joking in every post I just dont think it came across that way. It is so hard in typed/written words to convey sarcasm, joking tone, serious tone, annoyance, etc.

Though I have to admit I was a little harsh asking the 2nd poster if he really wanted the pix.

So did you take a look at the pix? What photo taking tips can you give me? Hire a professional, perhaps? I actually had a bathroom that I could convert to a darkroom growing up. I was really into B&W photography for a while. Doubt you can tell it from my snapshot type pix of the Chori.

Thanks for the well wishes on the sale. But on one level I actually hope they do not sell as I think they are the best looking speakers I own. It is fun to switch between the Forte II and Chorus. Similar in size, shape and outputbut different enough to notice.

Rich, you did what I'd advise anyone selling gear to do. Take the stuff outdoors and use natural light! Unless you're a professional photographer and know how to use off camera flash correctly, or how to balance ambient/flash light, outdoors is a bigger, softer source of naturally colored light. Especially with speakers it lets the natural grain of the wood show better.

In other words, WELL DONE!

Michael

• 1 month later...

Rich, I sent you a 2nd email 2-3 weeks ago and then another tonight, but as i re-read this post i noted the "hit or miss" comment on the forum's pm system. Did you receive either?

And as for that deadhead (fan), remember that he is not a real doctor . .. . .. . just kidding Gary!

Rich, I sent you a 2nd email 2-3 weeks ago and then another tonight, but as i re-read this post i noted the "hit or miss" comment on the forum's pm system. Did you receive either?

St. Pat, we had a few back and forth emails about a month ago. Not heard from you since then. Last I remembered I offered to crate/pallet them up at my expense and drive them to forward air terminal or similar location. Offer for free building of crates still stands. Drop me an email to rplace@*NoSpam*mantistech.com. Remove the *s and everything between.

Thanks, Rich