To Mark Deneen, Amy, and others...

Marvel

Mark,

I have tried to PM a couple of people but have heard some folks say the PM feature isn't working correctly.

So... I admit I had a heads up from Amy that a package was coming to my house, but I am a bit flabbergasted at what has shown up on my doorstep. I have a list of names of all the guilty involved, so I intend to contact you somehow, probably now by email.

A Merlin! I am humbled by the generosity of some here on the forum (actually, everyone on this forum is generous, just at different times and in different ways). My wife and I will certainly enjoy the gift. We are presently in Indiana, dropping our youngest off at college (Valpo). My oldest son was home to bring the box inside and check to make sure it was okay. It was a bit damp on the outside due to some afternoon rainstorm, but just fine inside, due to the fine packaging.

So, from 600 miles away, I can only look at the pic on the Juicy Music Audio website and say thank you so very much. Monday nite we'll be listening to it though. Wednesday we go back to Atlanta for an MRI of my wife's brain. If that shows no brain lesions, she will start her other treatment on either the 29th or 30th of August.

Music is a big part of our family, and our youngest is majoring in music composition at Valpo. He and my wife have spent a lot of time together the past few years, as she ferried him to music lessons, youth orchestra, etc. Below is something she posted on her blog where she is chronicling her fight:

I know that I'm going to miss him greatly, not just because of the usual mother-son/youngest child leaving home situation, but because I really enjoy his company. I've learned so much from him as we've spent time together, especially in the past few years when the two older children have been away from home.

He's a wealth of knowledge about books, music, composers, history, current events; and I treasure the great conversations we've had. I'm so happy to think that he's found a university and a community that will continue to encourage the growth I've seen in him. I look forward to getting to know the person this experience will make him, even while I acknowledge that his absence is really going to be felt around here.

So, from the two of us, thanks for the gift. We will treasure it as we use it to listen to great music. Maybe even some awful music on occasion.

Bruce

Tomorrow morning, 6:30am, we leave for DeSales University where my daughter will begin her freshman year. Where has the time gone? Very bittersweet, isn't it? My son, the recent college graduate, has an interview next week with the bank I've been with for almost 20 years. Hasn't he seen enough suffering from his dad?14.gif

Please let us know how you like the Merlin. We've all heard such great reviews so we're looking forward to another.2.gif

Have a safe trip home.

Wow...the forum is back up and we made it home. We unpacked the car and suitcases. Feels good to be back in our own house.

Right now I have the Heresys in the bedroom, where we both have office space off in the corner. Hooked up the Merlin, feeding my Alesis SS amp. Since I had a contractor here fixing some termite damage, I didn't have the Dynaco set back up yet.

Mark, nice line cord. That has to be over 8 feet long.

Let it warm up a bit. First thing out was Hilary Hahn playing some Barber. NICE!!! What can I say? Very smooth. I can't go into all the audiophile details. Juust a nice sound. Imaging is wonderful, and solid as a rock.

Beautiful look as well. I can't believe that it doesn't get any warmer than it does. Love the walnut end pieces. I'll write more later.

Thanks to all.

If all goes well, Barbara will start treament next Monday or Tuesday. Depends on outcome of one of the tests.

Bruce