Juicy Music's Merlin Review!

Cal,

I like my Merlin just fine, but am enjoying my Dynaco that I rebuilt as well. It actually sounds great with my SS amp I have used with it as well.

I like Craig, but can't afford his amps, at least as things stand right now.

What else do I like. I think the Parasound gear is great (no one here makes that).

Let's just move on shall well. Dissent can be fine.

Bruce

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were right I missed your post about hearing some of Marks products but WHAT preamps were you talking about? WHAT is better about them? Are they more expensive, the same cost or cheaper?

I'm trying to learn about tube gear and the Cayin TA 30 was my first piece of tube gear. It is not the best or the worst but I am happy with my first tube amp. The Merlin will probably not be the last tube preamp I buy. This is why I read the forum to learn.

I was speaking in general and both sides sometimes takes their responses too far but this response sounds a little less like a discusion

"This place has taken on the looks of a "me too" club. You are not cool if you don't gush over the products that are built by board members. Once you are in the "me too" club, there is no other piece of gear that will ever be as good or heaven forbid better.

The answer to ALL questions regarding an amp is the same. JM or VRD. No other gear will do YADDA YADDA YADDA BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

and more like a attack.

I understand the statement about people not comparing their old preamps to the new ones. I understand being tired of hearing about these products. I am not very articulate when trying to describe the sounds I hear but I will compare the Merlin to the Ground Grid tube preamp and my Luxman preamp.

I'll make this offer to anyone in Central Texas or is coming through Austin, TX that once I get my Merlin I am willing to bring it to a gathering or someones house or let them hear it on my system.

Again I'm trying to be open to both sides and not offend anyone but it's not alway possible to do.

Xman

"This place has taken on the looks of a "me too" club. You are not cool

if you don't gush over the products that are built by board members.

Once you are in the "me too" club, there is no other piece of gear that

will ever be as good or heaven forbid better."

Well, there is only one PKW but there are many Mark(s) and Craig(s) (wait, what did Craig do on this board beside trolling?)

Enjoy your gears! Life goes on!

Well, I see the

option to descent had fallen victim to PC

Broken whining records should not be played.

Nor should broken syrup covered ones.

Desperation is a ugly thing.

Nah, no desperation here, I have good audio equipment and I am quite

happy with it. I don't need "fan letters" to boost MY self esteem.