Juicy Music's Merlin Review!

----------------

On 8/26/2005 7:39:26 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

I am sure Mark makes a good product but they "aint all that!" I would love to see how you react when an outstanding piece of gear lands on your tender ears.

Flame on boys, I am just sick and tired of the only gear worth mentioning is JM and VRDs. I heard the peach and while it is a good unit, I was not overly impressed. Sorry bout that.
----------------

Oohh boy. Where's Neo? He can toss in another deja vu!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne, You may be right or you may be wrong, but dollar for dollar they both, Mark and Craig, offer great values that you can buy from a friend. IMO the whole Klipsch Heritage cult is over friendship. Although most of us have never met PWK, we consider him a friend and an icon.

Have a great weekend everybody!

(You too Mr Snottynose 15 YO kid. Great review BTW!)

Rick

I never said either piece of gear was bad or even mediocre. I am all for supporting friends and members of this board HOWEVER what I AM saying is ENOUGH ALREADY! How about a Deja-Vu for every gushing, over the top with flowery praises review of these two gears!

The world of gear is very large and there is room for much more than these two. Both of these units (all sub species included) have been out for a while now. I am sure they are well made and a good value for the money spent. I have no Axe to grind with either of the makers, they seem to be fine gentlemen to the core. I am also sure if you are used to listening to mid 70s SS receivers, they are quite an upgrade but COMMON GUYS there is other gear out there at least as good and much of it is way better.

I have received many pms of support from others who are also fed up with the one note samba played here for many months. Again I say, I am not upset, angered, annoyed, irked, POed or tweaked with either of these gentlemen or their products. It is the constant GUSHING over them as if there was nothing else in the world to compare with them that has my dander up.

After miles of traveling in order to best my current setup(I do have fun trying to "beat the current system"), the accolades are justified. I consider this forum very fortunate to have audio designers who build stuff JUST FOR OUR BEST USE. These guys (Mark at JM and Craig with VRD's) built these gears FOR US KLIPSCHERS.

Try that with ANY manufacturer of hard goods.

----------------

On 8/26/2005 8:47:38 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

I never said either piece of gear was bad or even mediocre. I am all for supporting friends and members of this board HOWEVER what I AM saying is ENOUGH ALREADY! How about a Deja-Vu for every gushing, over the top with flowery praises review of these two gears!

The world of gear is very large and there is room for much more than these two. Both of these units (all sub species included) have been out for a while now. I am sure they are well made and a good value for the money spent. I have no Axe to grind with either of the makers, they seem to be fine gentlemen to the core. I am also sure if you are used to listening to mid 70s SS receivers, they are quite an upgrade but COMMON GUYS there is other gear out there at least as good and much of it is way better.

I have received many pms of support from others who are also fed up with the one note samba played here for many months
. Again I say, I am not upset, angered, annoyed, irked, POed or tweaked with either of these gentlemen or their products. It is the constant GUSHING over them as if there was nothing else in the world to compare with them that has my dander up.
----------------

So why don't you ******* pipe up instead of hiding behind pms to Cal Blacksmith? Who else is tired of all the JuicyMusic VRD gushing(other than Neo)?

"it is impossible to overly praise the BlueBerry/Peach/Merlin and the VRDs."

Are you out of your mind, parrot?

"Some of the specific preamps that we have replaced:

AES

"

My AES-AE1 won't be replaced, not in this lifetime, Mark!

• Moderators

Wow, since when can't people gush when they want to?

At least it's a pleasant topic.

I guess I could bring back the angry debates and personal bashing. This forum is going to be completely PC and sterile (aka=boring) before too long!!!!

The opinions on this board are what gives it spice, guys. Whether you agree or not, that's fine, but I wouldn't recommend that people stop praising what they want too. You're free to gush about other things if you don't agree. Even SVS fans are allowed to rave here.

And no, I will not start allowing personal attacks again 2.gif

I don't mind the "gushing" over forum members contributions to the audio community. It does get a little redundant when they speak in generalities. I would like to see a bit more substance; a comparison on a specific set of criteria against the other equipment they have. It would be a bit more helpful in deciding if the equipment is a match for yourself.

What I am tired of is the posts that must include the question how Mark or Craig provide so much for so little. "I can't believe it only costs..."

The answer is simple. It is a labor of love and they aren't seeking to become millionaires but participating in a vocation. Stop pointing out the cost and your idea of its value in every post; if either of these guys raise costs because of these posts, I may go postal.

----------------

On 8/26/2005 9:34:41 AM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 8/26/2005 9:29:34 AM scott0527 wrote:

Who else is tired of all the JuicyMusic VRD gushing(other than Neo)?

----------------

I am.

----------------

All right Guy! So far, you're the only one of "many". 2.gif

Mark, you didn't mention a pair of Mapletree Audio 4A SE preamps that Craig and I owned. The Peach lets more of the detail come through than the Mapletree, not as much as my Acurus RL-11 where I could pinpoint the location of specific instruments. The only problem, 30 minutes later my head was ready to explode and that was not the case with the Peach. Am I happy, yes, and it mates well with Klipsch heritage speakers; which I think is the main point to begin with.

Most of us here are also on relative budgets. I was in a store yesterday in Toronto with $2500 - $6000 amps, preamps, turntables and a pair of $25 000 Moondog horns. Lots of nice stuff and I had a great conversation with the owner for an hour on a nice Thursday, August afternoon. Most of it was not in my price range, but it was nice to look. Most of the Klipsch speakers that we have were acquired as used equipment and I have owned mine since 1981. If the product sounds good - great and has value, that makes it a winner in my book. I also know that not everyone has the same equipment, interconnects, speaker wire and equally important, room layout, so what is ideal for one person is not wonderful for another.

Geez, before long you folks will be bashing DeanG, Bob Crites, and Popbumper for their contributions and assistance to the Klipsch forum and forum members.

As for me I am sick of the whining, so if you are going to whine - BEAT IT!!!!

Mark and Craig offer discounts to forum members that are not available to the general populus, they bring nice new exciting products and different options into the mix and then you hack on them for the praise they receive for doing so. So what the hell have you whiner's contributed to the forum members or forum. Step up to the plate and let us know will you!!!!

Get in line Allan. 2.gif

Actually, I would really appreciate hearing someone like Allan's take on the various offerings served up by members here particularly if it could be done objectively and without the inherent bias against those offerings or members.

Just send them to:

Allan Songer

Omega Cinema Props

5857 Santa Monica Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90038

Maybe I can even get them in a major motion picture or network television show!

I will return them when I am finished with my evaluation.

And I'll even pay for return shipping.

'Aint I generous?

2.gif

Good gracious! How often must we hear just how great Klipschorns or Cornwalls are? You can buy a nice pair of NM Cornwalls for $800 and they'll blow away most $10k speakers you find at your local audio boutique.

I'm also just sick and tired of all this PWK being a genious crap. What's this forum becoming????

BTW Allan and Guy - You have an open invitation to come hear a Blueberry Xtreme at my house. Bring the best you've got and we'll compare.2.gif Sorry, but all I have are Heresys, Cornwalls and Khorns (with Dean's sucky xovers).11.gif