Take a look at the speakers for my barn.....

customsteve01

Well, at least take a look at what the money for the speakers in my barn went to.[:(]

SWMBO said the horses have to come first. The vet came out and floated our horses teeth. In other words she came out and ground down their back mollars (I guess thats what you call them). This is something I would not want want someone doing to me!!![+o(]

Warning... picture has my fat a$$ in it.

This is Chance with me holding his tounge and the vet about to stick the drill in and grind away at his lower teeth.

post-16814-13819269757012_thumb.jpg

So now I'm back to wishing for speakers rather than looking to buy.

Yes, but the health of your beautiful horses comes first...you certainly did the right thing!

I own 5 cats, so I know all too well the importance of their health and well being (love horses...have a horse pasture in my back yard, but alas...no horse).

Keep the dream alive...you'll eventually have Klipsch in your barn yet![;)]

post-11084-13819269760322_thumb.jpg

Yeh they were not any to thrilled going thru this but the were heavally sedated, I don't think they really remember it. I do know that Chance had some really bad overhangs and that it had to be a PITA to eat.

Most of the people around us has horses or cows and we get the ocational wandering animal in our yard. The best was about 20 cows on morning about 5am. Had to make a call to Mr. Cave and then get the fourwheeler out and herd them back to the hole in the fence.

Steve

The animals probably understand that the vets aren't there to hurt them. I brought my one cat home from the vets after having 9 teeth pulled...she was groggy for the rest of the day and slept through the following afternoon, but she's back to her happy self, doesn't have stinky cat breath anymore, and eating hard food isn't a chore for her anymore![:D]

And I like these horse photos...my old girlfriend (we're still buddies) enjoys coming over and petting the many horses that wander over to the fence seeking treats (or a scratch on the nose).

post-11084-13819269782454_thumb.jpg

Raptorman,

Chance (what we call him) Real Crisis (His Registered name) is a retired race horse, He only is ridden for pleasure now. Both of these horses are pretty spoiled and not ridden very much at all. We keep telling ourselves that we need to get them out and ride them more (make them earn there keep) and we want to take them on camping trips to ride up in the mountains, hopefully we will be able to do this soon.

A horses rear teeth continue to grow for there entire life or until the tooth runs out and then it falls out. As they chew it grinds there teeth down, but if everything in there mouth is not straight or properly aligned they do not wear correctly. Thus causing there teeth to wear unevenly. In Chances case his lower teeth do not line up with his upper teeth, like an overbite. the forward part of his upper row of teeth do not wear down and it causes a hook to form, if not taken care of hinders him while eating. Think of having an upper tooth that hits your lower gum every time you close your mouth, (ouch). So all that is being done is just filing down the portions of teeth that are not wearing correctly.

Here is a link the does a better job explaining than I can.

http://www.kbrhorse.net/hea/float.html

I do not follow the races at all so I can not help you out at all on that.

Steve

Raptorman,

Chance (what we call him) Real Crisis (His Registered name) is a retired race horse, He only is ridden for pleasure now. Both of these horses are pretty spoiled and not ridden very much at all. We keep telling ourselves that we need to get them out and ride them more (make them earn there keep) and we want to take them on camping trips to ride up in the mountains, hopefully we will be able to do this soon.

A horses rear teeth continue to grow for there entire life or until the tooth runs out and then it falls out. As they chew it grinds there teeth down, but if everything in there mouth is not straight or properly aligned they do not wear correctly. Thus causing there teeth to wear unevenly. In Chances case his lower teeth do not line up with his upper teeth, like an overbite. the forward part of his upper row of teeth do not wear down and it causes a hook to form, if not taken care of hinders him while eating. Think of having an upper tooth that hits your lower gum every time you close your mouth, (ouch). So all that is being done is just filing down the portions of teeth that are not wearing correctly.

Here is a link the does a better job explaining than I can.

http://www.kbrhorse.net/hea/float.html

I do not follow the races at all so I can not help you out at all on that.

Steve

Kool.[:D] I did not know horses were like that. Kinda like rodents, they have to chew on something all the time otherwise their teeth keeps on growing.