Record Labels Win Piracy Court Battle

edwinr

Australian music file sharing provider, Kazaa, which services more than 300 million internet users, lost a Court battle with the Global Music Industry over copyright infringement. It was claimed by the Record Labels that over 317 million internet users, utilising Kazaa software, downloaded music by Madonna, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Beatles, Powderfinger, and others. Apparently Kazaa was used for 79% of all peer to peer file sharing activities.

The Record Labels are now clear to seek damages from Kazaa. Kazaa was ordered to modify their software to prevent illegal dowloads.

I wonder what the damages bill is going to be? It could run into the tens of millions of dollars. [:o]

Several of the more prominent recent viruses were distributed exactly that way! They didn't break in to your machine! They just placed them there and on several other P2P sites and let you #$%& yourself and your friends!

Anyone using these sites gets exactly what they deserve! But wait, does ANYONE deserve weenie MP3's And a virus And spyware! I think that is the real definition of adding insult to injury! But then it can get worse! Just look at the crap you can download! Britny or however she can't spell her name, Stevie "what dimension am I in" Nicks, MadonnaCaballa, the oh so cute boy bands, and Miss Chicken of the Sea! And I haven't even had to mention the entire genre dedicated to folks who can't play music![:P][6]

I just downloaded a few albums from allofmp3.com from Russia. Great clarity and incredibly cheap! Its a heck of an alternative to Kazaa and the like.

I also had problems with Kazaa, Napster, and another, but I think it was software, not viruses. As soon as I got that crap off my machine, which wasn't easy, the problems went away--

I just heard of allofmp3 on another thread. So far so good-- just music, no pop-ups etc. I guess the recording industry will be after these guys soon, so enjoy it while it can still be had--

I just downloaded a few albums from

allofmp3.com from Russia. Great clarity and incredibly cheap! Its

a heck of an alternative to Kazaa and the like.

I also

had problems with Kazaa, Napster, and another, but I think it was

software, not viruses. As soon as I got that crap off my machine,

which wasn't easy, the problems went away--

I just heard of

allofmp3 on another thread. So far so good-- just music, no

pop-ups etc. I guess the recording industry will be after these

guys soon, so enjoy it while it can still be had--

Sorrrry, Yugo ...

i forgot to warn you those CD's i sent .../.

were loaded with Viruses ,,,,[:D]