PICKY'S BEAN-SPILLING A-PLENTY!

Okay, referencing Amy's post that it's okay to blab, I am officially announcing what it was that I won back in June.

Klipsch is graciously sending me a pair of brand new, newly released.............

Heresy 3's! They have altered the housing slightly, by giving the floor cradle a smoother design. But the real secret behind the new 3's is in the drivers. They now install a titanium housing tweeter (instead of plastic) and a redesigned mid horn. They have altered the 12" woofer slightly and re-curved the crossover. Any of you techies please feel free to jump in here and help me with this explanation, and please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. The speakers are due out the end of this month.

I was told they are valued at about $1,500. But, the price point at time of release could change. I was given a choice of finishes. They will be finished in Black. I plan to use them when my friends ask me to bring the music to large parties, which happens from time-to-time during the year. I hope to give many more people a "taste-of-Klipsch".

When they are at home, I will hang then on the wall in our rather large (3-1/2) garage, where they will be listened to quite regularly during the warmer months, while I am working on projects or sitting on our deck. I must find a good preamp and power amp to power them with.

At the pilgrimage, we were given the chance to pit the Heresy 2's directly against the Heresy 3's. The difference was enormous to me. The 3's sounded so much more smoothly in the mid's and highs. There was also plenty of bass. I am going to love these new speakers, and I wish to thank Klipsch for their generosity. I promise to give them a good home. Thanks everyone!

Congrats, how did you win them?

Thanks! Unbeknownst to all of the people attending the pilgrimage, Klipsch entered all of our names (49 of them) in a drawing for a prize that took place at the end of our tour day there. We were all shocked by their gerousity as they had already provided us with breakfast and lunch and had just announced they were buying us dinner at a nearby restaurant (The Jazz Kitchen). I nearly fell over when it was my name that they had picked. The Klipsch folks were unbelievable hosts!

AND...... Equally cool Picky who has a killer Klipsch HT, and a great representative of Klipsch gear,,, won too.

At the weekend, he took pics and downloaded them all so people who were NOT in Indy, felt like they were.

I agree, the new and improved sounded wonderful too.

A very nice guy, everyone was happy he won! Even if we were envious!!

I did read Picky's post and they were much appreciated, especially with the pics. Thank you Picky. I am very aware of the gathering just wanted to know how you won them. That is awesome. Are there any pictures that you can now post that were off limits before. Woulld love to see them.

Thanks

• Moderators

Depends on the garage! I hear Shaq has a nice one worthy of a great sound system [;)]

I don't believe anyone has pictures, as they weren't allowed to take any during the tour. I'm trying to get some now--should possibly be next week.

Oh, man. You guys are always great. You are never stingy with your kind words. Thanks, very much!

Yeah, I know....banished to the garage. But, for those who know me well, you will understand that my house really is very small and I really do not have any available room for those new Heresys any place but in my garage. We have a high-end, dedicated theater with a 7.1 Klipsch reference system in the basement, a 5.1 ProMedia Ultra system in our office (also in the basement) and we have a wall-hung, 5.1 B&W system in our 12 x 12 living room. Although my garage can't hold a candle to Shaq's, I assure you the Heresy 3's will have a good, safe home in there. Our garage is quite large (24 x 28) and a gathering place for many of our backyard parties. I'll even shoot some pictures of them after they're hung.

They will be well-used, well-seen and well-heard by all of my friends and neighbors. Because they will be portable, I will be able to expose even more people to the awesome sound of Klipsch.

I must apologize for my slow responses this week. I have been on vacation and we have house guests visiting from northern Nevada, where we used to live.

Once again, it was totally my pleasure to post the photo thread for the forum during the pilgrimage weekend. I simply put myself in the place of everyone who could not attend and posted what I felt they might want to see. I knew how that felt first hand because I could not attend the first one last year.

As far as "secret photos" of what we saw at the engineering center...just as Amy said; there are none. Sorry guys! We were asked not to bring our cameras into the building and we respected Klipsch's wishes. The Klipsch folks are amazingly friendly people. I now consider them among my friends, especially Amy and Trey. What a wonderful place to work. I am envious.

Thank you to Klipsch for their gracious hospitality and for their profound generosity. I cannot begin to tell you all just how shocked and delighted I am at having had my name drawn to receive their wonderful prize. Thank you to my fellow forum members for all of your kind thoughts and congratulatory wishes. It makes me feel very warm inside to hear that some of you are glad that I have won. That means an awful lot to me. Everyone who attended deserved to win. And, to think none of us were even aware of the drawing to begin with. Wow! This is sure a great place to be! Good sound, good friends....it doesn't get any better than this! - Glenn

Congratulations Picky, and the garage is fine. The garage makes for a fine home, as I have some heresy's in mine as well, and they get played every weekend for many hours. Congrat's congrat's congrat's, a very nice gift indeed.

I await your picture posting.

• 2 weeks later...