rf 7 with a 1080 rotel

FENDEBENDER

Gliderguy

If you have read so of my earlier post you will see i have a set of paradigm 100 v3 i'm also working with and thats another reaseon i choose the 1090.

1. To use in 2 and 5 channel system.

2. Maybe get a seperate pre instead of the 56 txi

3. Hook up 4 channels for comparing the speakers just un plug rca and listen to the them. Note paradigm

just aren't coming into the room enough for my seating position as far as detail and image there

excellent..

4. I just like a big looking amp. [:D]

A good quality amplifier should not sound like anything, if it does then it is NOT a quality amplifier!

What goes in should come out the same on the other end with nothing added or taken away.

Yep! Such a deceptively simple concept!

But then, how can anyone brag that their amp is any good!?

But then isn't the best amp one that you can't attribute any sound quality to, as you focus on the source!? And wouldn't that mean that the biggest insult that you could level towards an amp would be that it sounds 'like something'... Hmmmm...

And with sooooo many bragging that their amp sounds like 'this' and 'that', they must have some real quality pieces!

This audio stuff is SOOOOOO confusing![:P]

I'm using a Rotel RB-1090 amp and Rotel RC-1090 pre with my RF-7's for two channel only. My sisters husband is running a Rotel RB-1080 amp and Rotel RC-1070 pre with his RF-7's (two-channel only). Rotel and Klipsch go very well together. The sound is very sweet, smooth, and detailed. We are in bliss with this combo and it's very impressive sound quality. We are very pleased with it and we are running only the RF-7's in two channel, no sub, lots of good clean bass, no DeanG mods and it's very smooth and sounds great with smooth highs, not harsh or bright at all on our ears. Just absolutely LOVE the sound! My sister's husband started with the RF-3's and then moved up to the RF-7's and we by far over-all prefer the RF-7's. It's no secret that you have to give the RF-7's what they want to sound absolutely stunning! If you do, they are well worth it. The Rotel equipment does it for us. The RF-7's are very special speakers but you won't hear it until you give it very good equipment to do it.

Yamaha and Denon are often strongly suggested not to use with Klipsch because of the bright nature of those amps. I still have a Sony amp and when I tried it on with my RF-7's, it just about ruined my ears with it's shrill, harsh, and overly bright sound that was piercing to the ears and the RF-7's sound horrible with it, but on the Rotel RB-1090 it's a big difference that is stunning and leaves us shocked at it's great sound that we even like better than the Klipschorn's! OH MY! Now I've said it!

The bass is tight, clean, taut, with great slam on my Rotel RC-1090/RB-1090. There is no muddyness at all. The speakers just disappear and let the music seem like you are there, living and breathing it, taking it all in as real, as if the singer is there in your living room. Family and friends jaw drops every time they here these RF-7's and say it's sound so real that it stuns them and the quality of detail, they all want the same setup. One friends husband just finished setting up the exact same every thing that I have now and they LOVE it. I can't say enough good about this combo, can you tell!
I was worried when I moved if the RF-7's would still sound great, they do, but the bigger room they used to be in, they really could breathe and sounded huge in that room. I wish I had a room that large to put them in again, but I am happy they sound great here too.

Good Luck and enjoy! [:)]

I posted a thank you in the rotel forum and would like to also thansk those here for there and advice and there believe that with the right amp the rf 7 would sing. Below is my findings.

Well my wait is over i just received my 1095 today even tho i just tried out a

new mca 50 and it was big this think seem to way a ton. icon_eek2.gif

I finally got it into the rack and all hooked up and started testing the rf 7 (see my post on rf7 paradigm)

Ill start out with the positives and go to neturals as there is no negatives other than its one heavy guy.

All the Pro's in here were right the 1095 has a very smooth range no shrillness

the rf 7 now are not bright or harsh they have become very smooth while still retaining good detail and the amps just keeps going and it doesn't get anywhere near the temperature of the mca 50 although that was a great amp i thought it ran a little hot with a tight bass albeit not as deep as the 1095 the rf 7's love this amp. icon_thumb.gif

As me and my wife listen, it did help some on harsh recording so this amp may not be the first choice for a laid back speaker and i love the dynamics and the sweet top end (I think the top end is just right im not for sure if a dean mod will be necessary i'll have to read a few more reviews) anyway i have been listen for about 3 hours on music and 1 hour on surrounds and it does have what it takes to play everything at reference levels at it gives you that extra grunt thats the difference in hearing and see a car wreck and being in that car wreck and it also moves you into the music which is its

main goal in life good recording like steely Dan AJA in two channel and dts is

one of the best i have heard.. icon_banana.gif

On the netural side i was using an old yamaha that was rated for about 100 watts into 2 channel drive 8 ohm 20 20k ,, the old way and it really does meet that rating and it had a low tight end but in reality a little bit boomy

for me but nice and the rotel is tighter and more powerful but not as deep as i thought it would be compared to the receiver but it is truer bass if you know what i mean and the last think is i'm driving this with a Elite 56 txi receiver and on the mca 50 at 0 reference it was max an i think after that i was hearing the compression of the speakers or the amp was just starting to clip, but on the 1095 at 0 the spl is lower and i can go up on some songs to the max of the receiver (incredibly loud) and it still clean i guess i'm wondering if the pioneer can fully drive this beast the mca 50 resistance was 25 k per and the rotel is 33k per which could make for a slight mis match.

I am extremely happy with the amp and want to think everyone for there input.

If anyone has thought on the above i'd love to hear them.

I'll be doing some testing on the paradigh 100 ver 3 over the weekend, my first thought they sound even better and i will be doing some a/b test later.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have decide to sell the paradigm's after much comparison, the main reason being is that my area is so large its hard to filll with the 100's in 2 channel mode which is my prefered listen style they work great for dts DD etc and with the new amp i just purchased 1095 Rotel which is a laid back amp with the paradigm which are netrual to laid back they didn't go as well as the rf 7 it actually help tame the highs on those. Anyway decide to sell.

PS this habit sure does cost seeing these ar only 8 months old [:)]