Any Tips On Shipping AA Networks ?

sunburnwilly

I'm sending my AA's off to Dean for a freshining . To any of you who have shipped these large networks I would appreciate any tips or suggestions . I have 2 boxes that with a little modification seem ideal . I plan to then place both of them into a larger box and surround on all sides with styrofoam . Anybody have some tips and or photos of how you have done it ? Thanks ...

I realy thought that this post would get more response . Dean , Bob , Al ? Maybe this is a kinda initiation to see if I can Pack them properly . Thanks Michael and DD for your replies , they make me feel more secure on this endevour . These are after all the heart and soul of my Belles , and for what it's worth I would Hate for anything to happen to them during shipping ! And I will reply that my Belles sound great to me with these old networks . Here is a photo of what I intend to do before modifiying the enclosure . I will secure the networks so that they do not move around in the boxes . Perhaps I will wrap the boxes themselves in bubble wrap before placing them in styrofoam surrounds in a larger box . " No Peanuts or Ghost Turds " I almost feel like I am sending my child off to his or her first day of school !

Sorry I missed your email Willy. I've been working on the baby's room and haven't even looked at email since Friday sometime. I would have replied to your post but I don't come into the General section everyday.

Bob's method is the same I recommend. Just wrap in bubble wrap - using enough so that when they are set in the box they don't move around too much. Pack open areas of the box with newspaper. The important thing is that they aren't sliding around.