It's good to be back

SteelerFan

Haven't bothered to log on since my Mom passed away on Labor Day. Maybe I've lived a sheltered life but that's the worst thing that's ever happened to me, especially with the way it happened.

But I'm feeling better now and I'm glad to be back reading posts and posting some of my own thoughts with all of you guys. [:)]

Haven't bothered to log on since my Mom passed away on Labor Day. Maybe I've lived a sheltered life but that's the worst thing that's ever happened to me, especially with the way it happened.

But I'm feeling better now and I'm glad to be back reading posts and posting some of my own thoughts with all of you guys. [:)]

SteelerFan, I'm sorry to hear about your mothers passing. I didn't even know. I must have missed the post if you posted. [:(]

My thoughts are also with you. I lost my dad the 16th of June, and know what you mean when you say it is the worst thing to happen. It is a life-changing experience losing a parent. I now spend even more time with our 6 yr old daughter, remembering my dad's regrets of being so busy working that he missed spending more time with us kids. As time has gone by, the pain has eased a bit, but I miss him every day. My mom's b-day was early this month, and dad's on October 10th. It will not ever be the same without him though. Christmas will be tough as well especially this first year without him. Try to remember all the good times and memories on those special days and make them a celebration of her life. Take care, and I am sure we are all happy you are here!

Welcome back, Steeler Fan,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom and hope you

and your family carry those good memories all the way.

I lost my Mom in the late winter - hard to put

thoughts into print - but you know - she's kind of still there.

All the best to you and your family. Take care. Hamish