anyone know anything about wharfdale speakers???????

joessportster

a friend is cleaning out his basement and has a pair of wharfdale model 90 floor speakers was wandering if anyone would know if these are decent speakers, and an approx value, they are in good shape a few scratches, about 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide (guesstimates) he says they work fine any help appreciated Joe

Wharfedale and Quad are both owned by the International Audio Group. Both are now made in China. That early series comprised of both bookshelf and floor standing models but were made in England around the 1980's, I think - maybe a bit later. Inexpensive chipboard cabinets with a plastic veneer. Kind of budget to midpriced speakers. Nothing special soundwise. They were made after Wharfedale's decline into mediocrity.

saw my friend again today and inquired further about the wharfedales, he confirmed the model# as the 90W, said each speaker had something like 12 drivers in it, i am going to give them a look but doubt very seriously i will buy them, unless they are just so cheap i cant refuse, or if the drivers are worth more than the price. thanks for all the feedback Joe