Which Jolida Cd mod to get?

crazytubepower

I echo the opinion on having Parts Connexion do the mod - through Underwood Hifi.

http://underwoodhifi.com/mod_jolida.html#Anchor-JD-28247

I've had a level one Parts Connexion modded Jolida for about a year now and absolutely love it. The only way I would ever sell it would be if I ever found a preowned level two unit at a decent price. I'd say that if you can swing it - the level two mod is probably worth the extra expense. Would be interesting if there is anyone out there that have heard both Connexion mods (1 & 2) and just how much of a difference there is.

Will be interesting to hear Craig LeMay's (Born2RockU) impressions of a level one. His VRDs just arrived, and I think he has a level one modded JD 100 on the way. I'm not sure if his is a Connexion mod or not, but I'm sure he'll update us once he gives it a whirl.

All I know is that with some very nice NOS tubes, a level one unit sounds pretty good to me. Oh, and about the build quality - yes - it is built like a tank. Great transport and nary a problem with mine.

I bought my JD100 already modded from Connexion/Underwood. If I had it to do over again, I would probably pick up a preowned stock player (for a relative steal) and ship it to Connexion for whichever mod you choose. Also, look on 'gon, ebay, and Craiglist because the modded players have been popping up every now and then.

Carl.

• 4 years later...