Which SUB?

mmiles

If I buy a new sub my SVS PB2+ (same as PB12 Plus2, purchased late January 2003) has to go...

Velodyne DD-15

Martin Logan Descent

SVS PB12/Ulra 2

This is easy, the Velodyne! Infact, at least two of them.

But I find it rather humorous that we are deciding new subs based upon names and not performance standards within a given price range for a given application!

My wife also finds it humorous in constant upgrade mode...

The current SVS is fine in my room (24 x 16 x 9 - large 8x10 opening to eating area an kitchen - carpeted flooring and drapes on the four 6 over 9 windows) however is anything in this hobby ever good enough.

I am fortunate that I can get the Velo or the ML for actually less than the SVS not even considering what I will sell the PB2+ for = big bucks :)

BTW, I've heard the VELO and ML in action...

Regards,

Mike

You can get the Velodyne DD-15 for less then the PB2+ (now the PB12-Plus/2 ; $1,199)!!?[:o]

PM me, as I would love to get in on this!

There is no reasonable comparison between the PB12-Plus/2 or the PC-Ultra and the Velodyne DD-15. There is simply not much reason to spend more unless you desire the Velodyne DD series.

There is no reasonable comparison between the PB12-Plus/2 or the PC-Ultra and the Velodyne DD-15. There is simply not much reason to spend more unless you desire the Velodyne DD series.

In case you didn't notice, he didn't mention the Martin Logan Descent, as it's not in the same catagory UNLESS size is an issue.

keep the pb2+ and buy another one.

two pb2+ will kick the shit out of anything in this thread not to mention the placement advantages.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

?? A curious response.

The Velodyne will outperform the PB12-Plus/2!!!

You will have the same placement issues with any of the chosen subs.

And if you can effectively get a Velodyne DD-15 at a third of its price, why not opt for the additional advantages of the Velodyne?

Or, lets put it another way, PM me and I will gladly trade you a mint PC-Ultra for the Velodyne DD-15![:D]

My statement was that I can get a Velo DD-15 or a ML Descent for less than a PB12 Ultra (not the Plus).

Dragon I don't think my associates would sell you product at cost but if you want a deal email me at mmiles@icrinc.net.

Off to work...

Regards,

MIke

The Velodyne's output will be much cleaner sounding than that of the SVS due to the servo controlled woofer that monitor's cone motion thousands of times a second. Velodyne has been making subs alot longer and make some of the best subwoofers on the planet. Period.

No sloppy bass, bottoming woofers, and coffin size enclosures here folks.