My cat must like Klipsch

cmdridq

I caught my cat trying to sneak into the bass port on the back of one of my RF3-II speakers today. I stopped her, but was wondering if anyone else ever had this happen? If she went inside what kind of damage could ensue? I'm going to block her access to the back of the speakers just to be on the safe side.

The affinity between cats and Klipsch Heritage products is well-documented in this fourm, not to mention my avatar. My theory is that the Heritage products are the right height and size for cats to feel comfortable jumping up on them. I keep Velux blankets atop my four CW IIs to comfort my cats and protect the finish from claw marks. My cat's don't claw the grills; they only claw one particular portion of my box springs.

I'd put wire or plastic screen over any port large enough for an animal to get in. My cats are too big to get through the CW ports, but that might be a problem with young kittens.

my cat likes to try and catch the air coming out of the sub port when its on. and immediately after turning it off it has to probe with one paw and sniff the hole to see what was doing it. he doesn't climb on top of my F-3's but beside one is his favorite snoozing spot. he does like to try and scratch at the grills , to no avail , thank goodness he has no claws.

I think its pretty natural for cats to explore small dark cavernous spaces.

A simple solution would be to get a package of the plastic 'anti-bird' netting, designed to prevent birds from accessing your fruit trees, etc., from your local WalMart or KMart for a couple of bucks and to simply cute a small square of it and apply it to the speaker port. Of course the cat may still be curious, but they will not gain entrance.

As far as what do they do in there? Not much. Often it is just to explore. On occasion they may find it a secure place to sleep. But as far as their harming the speaker, I doubt there is much chance of that.

Cats investigate any opening they see,my cat tried to see what is inside my RF7's but it is way too big to pass thru the vent.Cats explore and may even go back to find a quiet place to sleep.Just start with the volume low or your cat may get a heart attack from the sudden gain in SPL when you decide to let your Klipsch sing.