An RSW 15 in Cherry

Speedball

I was visiting our local dealer today and there in the corner sat a Cherry RSW-15. Man, that is one fine looking subwoofer and would be a perfect match to my Cherry RF-7's.

Does anyone else R E A L L Y like their RSW-15 sub?

You must be joking right?

Do I like my RSW's(have them ALL [:D][:D][:D] ),do I really like them? DAMN RIGHT [:D]

And I am no newbie,who never heard or owned a high-end subwoofer(s). For one I now own 18 subwoofers,damn right. [:$]

The RSW15 is very capable (look at the Nousaine sub list,self evident)and then listen,turn the volume up.You will hear power,clean power,clean bass,sub bass.It has gutts,it has the goods. Its a great sub.

RF7's and RSW15,a match made in heaven

I owned the RSW-12 for about a month and a half before I returned it for the RSW-15. The 12 is very capable, and for a while I realized that that there was not much of a difference. I still dont think It was that much of a step up. But.... I recently added a second sub and wow what a difference with movie content. I have become a firm believer in using two subs. I use an spl meter to setup the HT so you dont hear more bass than you should but when a scene calls for it, you feel it, it shakes your bones. 2 subs=impressive, IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else R E A L L Y like their RSW-15 sub?

It is a great sub, really punchy and a lot of bang for the buck.

Definitely benefits from a Feedback Destroyer Pro...helps flesh out the

transition between the RSW-15's and the RF-7's and takes care of the

bump around 30hz it seems to generate in a lot of rooms. Whoever asked

about using with RF-35's will definitely need one since you'll need to

cross it over higher and it can get a bit ragged up top without some

tuning.

Two of them...excellent, but for the $$ I'd start thinking along

the lines of a THX Ultra 2 dual sub setup (faster and deeper) or a

Danley DTS-20 (faster deeper, and way way louder down deep).

"yeah, the cover is on the passive radiator (front) side, not the driver (back) side, where the connections are."

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I know the guy showed us this in the pic for informational purposes... If not, turn that sub around.. It will benefit bouncing say 4- 6 inches away from your wall into your room. (makes no sense to have a grill facing the wall right???) We once had a post to say the passive did not move as much..(He thought they both should be powered speakers and the passive was broken... lol) I wonder if some people actually know how this speaker works, and or read their manuals too.

It is a great sub. Many swear by them with the RF 7's which is the perfect match too. I use mine with K horns.. crossed over around 45- 50 Htz Since the K horns and Cornwall centers do a great job up front.

I have heard stated in here people giving advice a number of times, go about 10- 15 HTZ higher than your lowest notes possible of your mains or center... So in the case of my K horns 33 Htz, I did it at 45Htz. It seems to blend in very well doing this.. And you do not get sub over crush... ( a gap in the sound....and BOOM, wow, their is your sub!!!)

Use a good radio shack SPL meter. Remember go from low volumes to turning it up to the proper level .. then if you like back off just a tad.. and should be right. Your not looking for a boom box effect like a 16 yr olds car. Your looking for incredible solid lows that match the intensity of the program material.. Overkill and it gets old..

I love my RSW-15 (cherry)

I have it with RF-35's (cherry). It doesn't match that well color wise, but I have it in a corner so the lighting make it appear as if the shadow's are why it doesn't match. Although I'd never dream of changing it out for black or my speakers either.

I had the floor model RSW-12 for a few weeks waiting for the 15 to come in. I didn't notice a HUGE difference, but I also didn't take the time to really get it set-up since I knew I wasn't going to be keeping it. (the RSW-15 was a free upgrade from the RSW-12 because the dealer was having trouble getting the 12 in so they gave me the 15).

I was worried that it would be a little overkill with the 35's, but I almost can't tell its there until it's needed. It fills out the lower end real well.

I have my 35's set as small and my receiver x-over's at 100hz (lowest it will go) so I by pass the xover in the sub.

When I get the volume up it moves stuff around my house. I have it in the corner of a 13 x 15 living room, 6" from the back wall 3" from the side wall.

Obviously i love my RSW-15

I forgot to add, when I show it off to my friends (a lot who are into car audio). I use finding nemo when Darla taps on the glass. It moved dishes that were in the drainer in the kitchen.

I also like to use Eminem (the emimem show) track 3.

The car audio guys doubt it at first, but when they hear how clean and loud and deep it is they wonder how they can fit it in the car.