White Sox did NOT win game two. They lost. Refs got their heads up ........ White Sox KNOW they got a free win from that call.

m00n

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta know it's going to be the talking point on many sports shows for a few days. I would not want to be those refs...

I say bring in instant replay's in baseball just like there is in football.

What a bunch of horse shart.

I hate the instant replays in football, though I hate baseball too...[;)]

The problem I have with them is a huge aspect of the game involves

faking out the refs - so much gets away that never gets called on, but

when its a pivot point in the game, everyone goes nuts and has gotta

have the replay. The way I see it, the team who is losing the advantage

shouldn't have even allowed the situations to come that close in the

first place. Oh well, not like one lone opinion is gonna change

things....not like I watch sports anymore anyway.

I am not a big-time Angel fan, but I do like Soscia and have been following the Angels for most of the past 4 years. I am a National Leage fan, but the Angels are really fun to watch.

This call was without a doubt the worst I have seen in an important game since the '85 World Series--and this one is worse. I mean, he called the third strike and made the closed-fist out sign BEFORE Paul rolled the ball back to the mound.

Complete and total horsesh!t call.

The ump should be removed from the crew by MLB immediately.

Only a catcher would do that. He punked the ump--who is a clown and should be removed from the crew immediately by MLB.

Agreed. Only the best of the best should be involved in the playoffs. At the very minimum, home-plate umpire Doug Eddings should be excused from the remainder of the playoffs.

Just watched the replay again. It's the twilight zone. Really, really f*cked up call . . .

Maybe MLB should drug test the umps too?

Yeah I hear that! Ya know it would not have bothered me had this been a regular season game, but hey, this is the friggen playoffs... That one call very well could cost them the world series.

What? Oh Cmon Tom... That was a bad call and you know it. From what I could tell the ump made two hand jestures. one was calling him out, next was telling him to run.

I dunno... what ever. White Sox fans know they did not win tonight fair and square.

Just watched the replay again. It's the twilight zone. Really, really f*cked up call . . .

Maybe MLB should drug test the umps too?

How true!

It would be totally wrong for the umps not to be as doped up as the players and balls!

Nothing wrong with instant replay! ANYWHERE!

After all, the strike zone has morphed into nothing like what we learned it was when we were growing up!

And while they are at it, get rid of the designated hitter!

You guys that want perfection can always play baseball on an x-box or whatever those goddam things are called. Hell, that's what most kids are doing anyway, I sure don't see kids outside playing ball on the praries anymore.

Why the nice diamonds in the parks sit unused all day, Jesus, when I was a kid we would have killed to play everyday on a regular diamond with a backstop and all.

I think Little Leauge, T-Ball and all such adult involvement bullshit is killing baseball for kids.

You guys that want perfection can always play baseball on an x-box or whatever those goddam things are called. Hell, that's what most kids are doing anyway, I sure don't see kids outside playing ball on the praries anymore.

Why the nice diamonds in the parks sit unused all day, Jesus, when I was a kid we would have killed to play everyday on a regular diamond with a backstop and all.

I think Little Leauge, T-Ball and all such adult involvement bullshit is killing baseball for kids.

Not sure what that has to do with a bad call, but oh well. If the Angels are any good they will forget about it and win game 3.