When was the last time you saw a great room for Khorns?

Colin

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I found 59, and looked at 13, places before buying my 1100 square foot TH. Not one of the largest rooms in all of the places had two equidistant corners with solid walls (no windows or sliders) facing an odd shaped or open area!

Of course, as soon as I buy the place, I go to a house warming for two 30-some things whose FIRST humble abode is 3400 square feet and has three rooms perfect for ideal HT placement- and 2 HT set-ups[:(]

Although conventional loudspeakers have to be placed 3-4 feet away from front and side walls to minimize reflections and maximize imaging, the biggest problem with Khorns is not their size. Their height interrupts the visual plane, making them look bigger than they are, but the height also helps soundstage, making them look powerful too.

No, the biggest problem with classic Klipsch corner Khorns is their placement. Architects (and interior designers) seem to hate square corners. As if spaces should be more interesting. Strange. Especially considering the multi-billion dollar TV entertainment industries. It is <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Americas number one time consuming past times. We all say we boat, bowl, wood-work, etc., but the average person actually spends 6 hours a night in front of the boob tube! (Course, with all those boobs, I can see why.)

Is it me, or are mighty Khorns far too impractical for the average Joe? How are we to reproduce the 3D sonic holograph of audio nirvana without big ole horns?

[:@]

(Course, with all those boobs, I can see why.) hahahah Go over to clearwater beach to the "Pass a grill beach bar" get "a hurricane drink" heck have two..... next spring... take a look at the scenery... Your question was??? hahahahahahahah

If you can't wait for spring go to ybor city nightlife that should warm your...

OK, rooms are very hard to find for K horns true... I will also say when placed in the rooms they do tend to dissapear I know hard to imagine, but true. Somehow a 20 - 24 foot room is not availiable for most family rooms and sometimes. If you go beyond that spread apart, you may need a center speaker much like ARTTO did too.

I will say even in a less desireable room, they STILL sound pretty amazing!

Got a 15 X 22 room closed on the short wall and open ended to a two way fireplace on the other. Beyond the fireplace is the kitchen. It all over looks a 25 X 30 deck which overlooks the 2nd hole of a golf course. Listening to the Fabulous Thunderbirds and watching the trees sway in a gentle rainstorm. Ain't life wonderful!!![8]

It seems like most of the great K'Horn rooms I have seen were purpose built to Be great K'Horn rooms, either as part of a new home or a Major remodel. The house my wife and I were looking at buying (before the recent tech downturn changed our minds) had a really nice room for a pair of K'Horns, but it would have involved some serious negotiating between the wife and I to get them in there! [:)] It was designed to be a HT but the guy ran out of money so it sat empty the whole time he lived there.

Ummmmm..last night? [:P]

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

But seriously, in recent decades weve seen more and more open-space residential floor plans, even in traditional architectural styles. Actually, architects and interior designers have very little to do with the majority of residential construction you encounter. Its the builders and real estate developers simply building what the market wants and what sells.

Khorns are, and always have been impractical for the average joe. As PWK once said, Our speakers are not intended for the general public, theyre for that one percent who are perfectionists (obviously that has changed). However, Im always amazed how they tend to disappear into the corners, especially in a large room. When theyre pulled out, and the top taken off and placed on the floor you quickly realize that just the small top section is much larger than most full-sized speaker systems.