Klipsch Rebel

CaptnBob

Ahoy, any Klipsch antiquarians out there. I'm looking for any information, dates of production, plans and so forth for the Klipsch Rebel or Rebel 7 - not the sub & sat combination but the rear loaded corner horn from the 1950s. They're about the size of a Heresy - much smaller than the EV Aristocrat. The ones I've seen have usually been loaded with a University 1201 12" co-ax or the ubiquitous Electro-Voice SB-12b and resemble a Shorthorn left in the dryer too long.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Capt'n Bob

I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who can talk your ear off about the shorthorn. In case you haven't already found it on the web site though, you can find a short description and list of drivers/crossover/spec for the shorthorn by clicking on the "Products" link at the top of this page and then holding your mouse over the words "Home Audio", a dropdown list should appear. Click on the words "Classic" on the drop down list. This should take you to an Alphebetical list of Klipsch products that are no longer in production. Scrolling down the list you will find the Shorthorn 12 and Shorthorn 15.

Hope this helps.

OK everyone, let him have it with your knowledge of the shorthorn...

------------------

Denon AVR-2700

Denon DCD1500-II

Audio Control Octave

Phillips CDR-765

Nakamichi BX-100

Sony PS-LX3

Rotel RB-991

Klipsch Heresy (1981)

Klipsch RP-3

B&W602

MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire

Computer system:

NAD 7130

Realistic Optimus Pro-7s (its only a computer system)

Klipsch KSW-10

Thanks, folks. The website wasn't very helpful, with no picture and a brief description saying the Rebels were made from 1949 to 1958 out of plywood and "are still owned and listened to by Klipsch fans around the world" - seemingly along with everything else Klipsch has stopped making. (It did however, straighten me out on the differences between the Rebel, Rebel 4, and Rebel 7, which, despite the names were completely different designs.)

The plans would be most helpful if they are for a Rebel; I've already come up with a set of Shorthorn plans, thanks.

Thanks again for your time

Capt'n Bob

I must remember to visit this bbs earlier in the evening. Must have been too crosseyed from lack of sleep.

The REBEL. Don't know much about it. This link has appeared here on the BBS before. No pics of Rebels or Shorthorns, but has a good set of pics for a 1948 K-Horn. I know others who frequent this BBS have obtained plans for ancient horn designs from this guy.

http://community-2.webtv.net/KerrB/VINTAGETUBEAMPHORN/index.html

------------------

Denon AVR-2700

Denon DCD1500-II

Audio Control Octave

Phillips CDR-765

Nakamichi BX-100

Sony PS-LX3

Rotel RB-991

Klipsch Heresy (1981)

Klipsch RP-3

B&W602

MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire

Computer system:

NAD 7130

Realistic Optimus Pro-7s (its only a computer system)

Klipsch KSW-10

• 19 years later...

I have a pair of Rebel 7s that were made for my father in the early 1960s.  The case is mahogany -- each of the speakers probably weighs 60 pounds.  I think it was a special order, or a gift from someone at the company (in its Hope, Arkansas location) to my father, or something.  I'd like to get them refurbished / upgraded for my father for his 85th birthday.  Who does this kind of work?

Edited by CDinArkansas
spelling error
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CDinArkansas said:

I have a pair of Rebel 7s that were made for my father in the early 1960s.  The case is mahogany -- each of the speakers probably weighs 60 pounds.  I think it was a special order, or a gift from someone at the company (in its Hope, Arkansas location) to my father, or something.  I'd like to get them refurbished / upgraded for my father for his 85th birthday.  Who does this kind of work?

First, welcome to the forum.  I would recommend that you create your own thread about this project.  Please include several pictures of the speakers, and any labels that may be on them.  Also, let us know where you are located.  This sounds like a great project, and I know many people here would love to watch the project progress.  Good luck

• Like 1