Anyone with a JAS Audio Array 2.1?

TheEAR

Today I was listening to a system built around a JAS Audio Array 2.1 single ended tube amp.I wonder if any of you tube philes have anything to say or any experience with this amp?

I am asking since the system sounded fantastic,transparent,open and detailed.The speakers used were JAS Audio Orsa(Model mid-bass/ribbon tweeter).

Best overall sound I heard in a good while.

Anyone has any JAS Audio tube amps?

I'm intrigued by this integrated SET amp... a combination of 300B and 805 tubes (are they both output tubes, or is one driving the other?), plus dual mono design, pure Class A circuitry, point to point wiring, an ALPS potentiometer, Solen caps, etc.

So, it's your very first vacuum tube amp of any kind? By the looks of it and its design, I doubt you'll be disappointed at all, and IMO should sound fantastic with your RF-7s (and maybe new Klipschorns too)! Definately more power than you'll need with Klipsch. You gotta give us a review once you get it home and broke in for awhile.[;)]

• 12 years later...

Guys, I have both JAS 2.1 pairing with the pre-amp Array 1.1 (2A3 tubes) and the Orsa.  There is seldom so-called Hi-end system that beat my system (most that are able to beat my JAS are something in the price range 0.3M US$).  I have not switched to anything or have used it for over 10 years and never complained.  My only advice is you must get the Array 1.1.  It's two different world with the pre-amp.

7 hours ago, peterernieels said:

Guys, I have both JAS 2.1 pairing with the pre-amp Array 1.1 (2A3 tubes) and the Orsa.  There is seldom so-called Hi-end system that beat my system (most that are able to beat my JAS are something in the price range 0.3M US$).  I have not switched to anything or have used it for over 10 years and never complained.  My only advice is you must get the Array 1.1.  It's two different world with the pre-amp.

Welcome to the forum.  This thread has been dead for 13 years.  You may not get a reply.