FORTES Home- Like a old friend !

Bill H.

Did a very quick trip to Kankakee,IL . Briefly meet with Jeff and Linda. Then dead headed home with no problems!

Quickly hooked up the Forte II's! WOW it was like meeting an old friend. The Sound warmly enveloped me !! The full , rich , powerful speakers are incredible! I won't get much sleep tonight!

Enjoy the forte's. I will never get rid of mine.

They are a truly beautiful speaker. My friends are always asking why I have such large speakers in my family room and talk about how great their HTIB systems sound from small speakers. Then I give them a listen to the Forte's and friends, and their jaws drop. Physics baby, Physics. You can't get sound this great from a 3" cube...

• 2 weeks later...

Go to your local guitar shop or music store and get 12" I think for the Fortes. They have screw holes where the 8 are for the speaker, you can either back out the ones for the passive speaker and pass them through the waffle grill, then throught the speaker, or if Klipsch just used 4 of the holes, use the other four. The grille should come with a rubber gasket around the lip. You might need to use washers under the round head screws, so crank em down enough that they won't rattle.

Voila, never need punch out dust caps again!

Note that the Forte I has a 12" passive, while the Forte II has a 15" passive.

I thought about this years ago, but never got around to it, but then I don't have kids or destructive pets, so no harm so far. If I recall correctly, I saw the grilles in a Crutchfield catalog under the car audio DIY subwoofer section. They may not carry them now, but I'll bet PartsExpress has some.