I have no idea what I'm doing!

crazytubepower

Well, I have been looking for speakers as upgrade bug has been in my blood for awhile, I mean i've had my rf-3's for almost 3 months, haha.

There are just some things that dont do it for me on these speakers, and mainly it is the fit and finish. Plus I am willing to buy a better speaker.

Well anyway, I have been looking at other brands, such as soliloquy, von schwick (however you spell it), spendor, etc.... And I am liking what I am seeing. I'm looking for floorstanders or mini and sub set up. I was thinking cornwalls, but they may be too large for my modest 11x14 room.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been three months already? wow.. how time flies.

cornwalls should be okay for the room. i have my la scalas in an 11x11 room, and they sound great after some minor tweaking (room treatments and risers). i upgraded from rf-3's as well.

If space is an issue you won't sacrifice any performance with the

Chorus II and it seems the Forte is even smaller and sounds just as

great (i've not heard the forte). I can't believe you would ever

seriously considering leaving the horn sound! Oh btw, the midrange on

the old school 3-way designs will just blow the RF-3's away (i was once

in love with the RF-3's.....but not anymore).

You're right, you have no idea what you're doing! - The speakers that you mentioned are all low efficientcy speakers. Do what the other posters suggest. Try a Cornwall, Chorus, Forte - I'd pass on the Heresey. Stay with the Klispch Heritage high efficientcy speakers. - Then you can work your way up to La Scalla or Belles and when you're all grown up you can get a pair of Klipschorns!

Triode I don't think I like your tone. RF-7's have such a low impedence curve that most tubes amp have real problems driving the load of the woofers. I know the heritage will have no problem with tubes, in fact they usally sound better with them.

*rant*And when I'm all grown up, I should suriously kick your A**, I don't think one single post has pissed me off more than this one. I most likly know more about audio than you and your just repeting everything you hear. So go be a troll elsewhere or learn what your talking about!!!*end rant*

Does anyone know the impedence curves for cf-3's?

Whoa dude! - No need to be pissed. - Just pulling your leg a bit. Serious though, stay with Klispch Heritage and high efficient speakers. No need for Spendor and Von Scherkerrrrrrt! - Most of us 50 plus year olds have made these mistakes and are now back to Klipsch.

I NEED BASS, but I could always buy a sub later, however. Tofu please elaberate (sorry I can't spell for ****) compair the sound of the two speakers, that would be very helpful. I am willing to spend around $1500 so my options are not limited.

with a room that small, like mine, it should be easy to fill with bass, so you won't need to get a super expensive sub. also, with a room that small, corner loading the scalas should buy you some time before you are in dire need of a sub.

to be honest, at first i was quite dissapointed. if this forum's search feature wasn't so terrible, you could probably find my posts knocking the scalas. i really became impressed once i positioned them correctly and made risers. room treatments were icing on the cake. these speakers are extremely sensitive to placement from my experience.

now all i need to do is upgrade the terrible crossovers i'm using and i should be solid.

I will most likly stay with klipsch, but I feel the need to try somthing different

You need to see if there aren't fellow klipschers in the area that

won't mind having you over to their place. I can't imagine anyone

opposed to an opportunity to show off [;)]

What kind of budget are you looking at? Perhaps you could be one of the

first on the forum to get into the rereleased heritage speakers.

I think your correct that you have no idea what your doing[:)] And

Triode is correct that you need to grow up[:D] You are all over the

place from mini's to Cornwalls to wierd audiophile brands. How are we

supposed to tell you what to buy when you don't have a clue what you

want???? I agree that Heresies are a great choice but if you want

mindless bass thumping like rap music I'd go with something at WorstBuy

instead[:P]

J.

You know how many speaker brands there are, trying to find new speakers is very difficult. I don't listen to rap, only rock and jazz. And if you were not a lady you would be getting a very negitive response from me. I'm sure if you ask anyone who has known me for awhile, they will tell you I know what I'm doing. So don't speak if you have no idea what your talking about

The rf-3's have a great amount of bass, but heresy's and la scalas do not. So when I said I need bass I was saying that those sugestions may not work for my listening tastes. As for my shanling it comes on thursday, there we a few shipping delays, I had them replace the output tubes and then ups delayed it, at least its triple boxed so I do not have to worry about the idiots throwing it off of there truck