Distortion in spiderman 2?

33klfan

I don't know if anyone noticed this. Like right after dr. octopus is taking that machine into the river, that big steel cage rolls and almost runs over MJ, and spiderman yells, nooooooooooo, and it like crackles. Is this the recording of the disc? It's the only thing i noticed like this before off the top of my head with dvd's.

I have heard this on quite a few recordings, and sometimes it is just a

compression artifiact in the recording. But other times I found

that it is the digital crossovers clipping on my HK 525. I had a

denon 2802 that did the exact same thing. Also happens on some

CD's with especially hot recordings (loud). I guess it's the

price we pay for having receivers.

I have the Superbit version and I hear what you are talking about at 1 hr. 51 min. 06 sec. into the movie. It's not clipping. I think it's a problem with the disk or dblue is on to something.

BTW, I saw Spidey 2 on HBO-HD the other night--AWESOME picture. As good as it looks on DVD in 480P (or upconverted to 720p on a DLP), no comparison with how great it looks in 1080i from DirectTV.[:o]

I have the Superbit version and I hear what you are talking about at 1 hr. 51 min. 06 sec. into the movie. It's not clipping. I think it's a problem with the disk or dblue is on to something.

BTW, I saw Spidey 2 on HBO-HD the other night--AWESOME picture. As good as it looks on DVD in 480P (or upconverted to 720p on a DLP), no comparison with how great it looks in 1080i from DirectTV.[:o]

All I hear at that point in the movie is a poorly recorded scream by Spiderman. I get no clipping or distortion, just Toby McGuire's faked scream.

Bill

It sounds like it's the dvd. I didn't think it could be my system. Because even at low volumes it does it. It annoys me, but the rest of the dvd is good sound wise. I never asked if anyone else heard this before, but i am glad i'm not the only one that is hearing it.

Well it certainly wouldn't be the first time that there are problems

with the source material. The better your system gets, the more you're

going to start noticing things like this. Sometimes I wish I could go

back to untrained ears and actually enjoy the music coming out of

crappy speakers - my dad is very happy being naive to his bose.