1130 Miles in 21 Hours Solo ...

sunburnwilly

Just got in from visiting garymd in Maryland . 1130 miles round trip , in less than 21 hours . While I don't think I have anything on Colter , it is a personal best for me . Why on earth would I do such a thing ? Well I did it for this little lady right here . Many , many thanks to garymd for parting with her ! And barring a natural or financial disaster , she has found a permanent home ! " Ain't She Cute !!! "

post-18289-13819274199074_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah that's the problem. If you'd been on DIET ROCK STAR, you'd have shaved a couple hours off that trip. But I'm proud of ya! Bonus points if you hooked up the Belle for the ride home. Ok, at least the low end section to a sub amp? No? That's ok, still one heck of a solo trip.

Any recollections of any events of the journey? How's Gary's Vinyl collection holding up?

Michael

Ah that's the problem. If you'd been on DIET ROCK STAR, you'd have shaved a couple hours off that trip. But I'm proud of ya! Bonus points if you hooked up the Belle for the ride home. Ok, at least the low end section to a sub amp? No? That's ok, still one heck of a solo trip.

Any recollections of any events of the journey? How's Gary's Vinyl collection holding up?

Michael

Michael , If you like I could share the tea recipe . It makes that Rockstar stuff seem like something fitting for a baby bottle ! [:D] " Gary's Vinyl Collection , Is Largest I Have Seen "

If you can't tell , I've been up for 38 hours now . The caffeine is just coarsing through my blood . " I could go again ! " [:D][au]

Do you mean that you could take the drive once again or that you could GO again.[:$]

I can't imagine drinking iced tea on the road, it's so... civilized.

Real men grab ice cold cans of supercharged beverage from a cooler placed awkwardly in the back seat....and it derigeur to eat really nasty snack foods like Nutty Bars and Cheetos. It's the stomach ache that keeps you awake, not the caffiene.

Michael

Actually DrWho, your calculation needs a couple of modifications.

First, deduct a minimum of 2 hours for the visit at Gary's, although I bet it was more like 3. Remember you first visit to my place? 2 hours turned into 5 really quickly.

If you allow a further 2 hours for gas, pit stops (remember with only one person, stops take twice as long). With that lowly 15 mpg and slow pumps these days, bet it took that long easily, possibly including one sit-down meal.

So the 1130 miles in a realistic time of 17 hours nets a more respectable 66 mph. Hope he stayed in the slow lane!

Michael

Man, I'm glad to know you got home safely!

Willy got to my place around noon yesterday. We listened to a few tunes, packed up the Belle (which fit like a glove BTW), ate some lunch and sent him on his way. It worked out perfectly and Catherine got to meet another forum member who isn't a serial killer (always a plus).[;)]

Nice meeting you Willy and we'll look you up next time we head south. Let us know how that baby sounds! I never even got to hear it.[:(]

SBW, glad a forum member snagged that little girl from GaryMD. That was quite a drive for a single adoption. I think we are now step parents some how strangely linked to each other. I have the twin of yours. They were a sequentially numbered pair. Just a tad of TLC in the finish department and perhaps a network upgrade/refresh and she will be better then new.

We will have to agree that if either of us fall on hard times and must liquidate our speaker collection to give the other person first crack at it so the pair can come back together. Or perhaps the two of them could get together on every other weekend and holidays for visits.

That has to be a great sounding set up...nice job!

SBW, glad a forum member snagged that little girl from GaryMD. That was quite a drive for a single adoption. I think we are now step parents some how strangely linked to each other. I have the twin of yours. They were a sequentially numbered pair. Just a tad of TLC in the finish department and perhaps a network upgrade/refresh and she will be better then new.

We will have to agree that if either of us fall on hard times and must liquidate our speaker collection to give the other person first crack at it so the pair can come back together. Or perhaps the two of them could get together on every other weekend and holidays for visits.

That has to be a great sounding set up...nice job!

Good call on rejoining the little gals if that should ever occur. It's a bizarre little family we have here, isn't it?

We're still kind of awaiting the feedback from listening tests at GaryMD's! Did you get to take in much of a visit?

Michael

[

We're still kind of awaiting the feedback from listening tests at GaryMD's! Did you get to take in much of a visit?

Michael

Yea SBW let us know what you think. I wold be interested to hear another take on Gary's vinyl rig. To me it is simply amazing. I have never heard anything so clear, crisp, transparent or detailed. Every time I got to Gary's house I come home with "gear envy" While I don't think I have a collection of crap there is a whole world of difference between his set up and mine.

How about those Cornwalls? While I am in the minority on the Cornwall sound here on the forum; you simply cannot find a nicer finish on any Klipsch speaker then those original Zebra woods. Amazing!

Just got in from visiting garymd in Maryland . 1130 miles round trip , in less than 21 hours . While I don't think I have anything on Colter , it is a personal best for me . Why on earth would I do such a thing ? Well I did it for this little lady right here . Many , many thanks to garymd for parting with her ! And barring a natural or financial disaster , she has found a permanent home ! " Ain't She Cute !!! "

Bro, is that a mini-van?