New Logitech PC Speakers

JerrySVT

you poor poor people.. i'm so soory for yall.

Especialy the guy who got the jacked up pair of Pros that plays mids through his tweeter.......

The Ear is right

Pros = High end audio? NO

Pros = Great speakers? NO

Pros are missing mid range... any fool with half an ear can/should be able to clearly hear that when comparing it to another high end computer speaker.

I use to think my pros were great..... I still do.

but.... I am trying to get rid of them.

I want a real setup, something with actual... sound...

I need MIDS!!! not out of place highs, and boomy lows..

thats why I am going to be hopefuly getting a pair of Paradigm Titans and a 200 watt amp.

Better/more mids, cleaner highs, and cleaner clearer bass.. just alittle less. although they will be in corners and both have 6.5" drivers.....

I cant wait to hear these Logitecs they look very imprssive. I wouldnt be suprised if I prefured the over the Promedias.

They are built better, they used better materials, and i think probobly put more work into them.

Well, I nkow most of you realy dont care about sound, but let those of us that do, tell you. Pros are NOT high end speakers!! Not even close.

High End (to an extent of...... I LOVE THEM) is whats in our living room.

Klipsch Heresys V1.0 and a old CLEAN Yamaha Natural Sound 2 channal amp.

Its hard to get lounder, and hear more out of a song with 2 speaker, with out geting higher up in the heritage line, or using more than 2 speakers an amps from another manufacturer.

But some would argue with me on that. Yes, Horns are bright, thats why I am not a fan of the RF series. BUT when you have Mid and High horns, you get a flatter response.

well, i have ranted enough.

good bye.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

While i do have to agree that the Pro's are not High End... i must ask, who said they were? These are $279 speakers. Nothing more, nothing less. Your talking about more of a HT system. These speakers ARE higher end COMPUTER speakers but nothing compared to even a Mid End (if you will) Home Theater system.

The LogiTechs are made of better material? How did you come to this? Are the Pro's made of cheap material? EVERY review that mentioned the build of Promedia Speakers has commented on how sturdy and structurally sound they are.

Well, I am getting off my soap box now. YOU CAN"T COMPARE PROMEDIA'S TO HIGH END SPEAKERS... oops.. got back on... LiMM!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

lol

Pro's do beat out any B(l)OSE setup i've heard.

Even all those Mini Home Theater setups at Best buy....... eewww.

The cone material and the surround material is better on the Logitecs than on the Pros. Stiffer cones, and rubber surrounds instead of foam.

lol, sorry about the last message guys, I was up late, tired and disgruntled.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

Personally, I have heard Bose systems that walk all over the Klipsch. My father deals in Bose and MTX for large scale audio(auditoriums, churches, ect..) and at one point we were giving a demo for our local high school. This system was valued at over $40,000.00 and let me tell you, when we fired it up it blew the roof. Some of the lesser home audio by Bose doesn't stand up to the Klipsch, I'll agree on that. You just gotta know where to look.

------------------

You must learn the ways of the Promedia's, young grasshopper!

Bruce... are you trying to compare a $40,000 speaker to a promedia? also, bose cube are crap. the loud speakers are ok. but every bose product is over priced. there are some bose loud speakers that can bump but the cost is outrageous for what you are getting.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

No Justin, I'm not comparing the two. Its just that recently, all I've heard from a bunch of people is how much Bose sucks. Many of them are speaking from ignorance, and it just angers me. Thats all. Smile.gif

------------------

Renegade,

Dont be a hardliner and totalitarian dictator,the new Logitechs are good speakers.For the price that is.

Bruce,

$40000 Bose! LOL If its LOUD I want I can always go to Cerwin Vega PRO series or EAW to get SLP's that will send the Bose six feet under.Cerwin and EAW make arrays of suspended sats and subs that will shake whole stadiums.

Now if its quality I want I go to my Dynaudio/ Krell/Audio Research/ES Sony system.The Dynaudio Contour 3.3 outperforms any Bose(mo matter how expesnive).And if more quality I want to hear a Dynaudio Evidence/Pass Labs X1000/Conrad Johnson/Linn Sondek CD12 will do the trick.

Wait how about a Egglestonworks Ivy,he he he.Huge output and ultra High-End.well over 80 grand US a pair!

Bo$e...bring it on.

For home use the Klipsch KLF/RS/Classic speakers are gold when compared to Bo$e.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Well EAR, I can forgive you since you weren't in that room, and I doubt you've ever listened to the equivalent system that I'm talking about. Also, you continually list incredible names, but have you ever listened to these brands?

------------------

I own several of the BIG names.I dont just listen at shows or in audio shops.

I dont have the time to list all my gear but since you wonder what I have here is some of it.

My music only system...

SONY SCD-1

Audio Research LS25

Krell FPB600

Spendor FL-10

Monster Sigma speaker wire,Cardas Golden Cross interconects and power cords

My main HT system...

Pioneer DVAX-10

Denon 5800

Celeste MOON W5(mains)

Celeste 4250SE(sourrounds)

Celeste 4150SE(center bridged mono)

ATI2505(doing nothing at the moment LOL)

Dynaudio Contour 3.3,Center and 1.1(two pairs,one doing nothing BA HA HA)

Aerial Acoustics SW12,Velo HGS-18 and Revel B15

Sony VEGA XBR 36"

JVC 9800U SVHS VCR

Tributaries cables and interconects,Monster Cable M2.2 speaker wire...and more

Modest second HT system under my PC room...

Pioneer Elite DV-09

Denon 3801

ATI 1505(manins and sourrounds)

Celeste 4070(bridged mono on the center)

Carver TFM-75(for future SVS Ultras use he he)

Klipsch RF-7,RC-7 and RF-5's for rear channels

Sunfire Signature,Mark II,Junior,Carver Knight Shadow subs

Toshiba CinemaSeries 27"(yeah a 27" LOL)

Monster M2.4B for all speakers!And Monster Cable M1000,M850 and M550 inteconects and more...

PC #1 sound system

Celeste 4050 integrated

Klipsch SB-2(SB-3 and SC1 doing...dust gathering)

Klipsch KSW12 and 15

PC #2

VideoLogic Sirocco PRO(best PC speaker system EVER)

PC #3

Polk Audio AMR150

More to come...like SVS Ultras subs,Monitor Audio 212 sub,ATI pre/pro and a real TV for HT system #2.And oh yes the nOrh 9.0 speakers plus a nice CinePro two channel top of the line amp. Smile.gif

Always in evolution

Always great sound and POWER

And I tried MANY MORE ...AT HOME.From inexpensive gear to reference quality amps,preamps and speakers...

That is why I am TheEAR,audio is a passion.Its a sickness,good and evil.Can cost years of savings.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

lol, guys, i have but four goals in my life

1. Get into Berkeley

2. I want to have an extreme surround sound system in every room and i will planon spending at least 500,000)

3. I want the follwoing 7 cars: Honda S2000, BMW X-coupe, Bugatti Veyron 16/4, 2004 Acura NSX, Mosler MT900, 2004 Acura RL, and a SLR Vision.

4. I want to live a happy life Wink.gif

------------------

LAKERS SEASON BEGINS!

are you fools ready to be dominated?

I SAID SHUT UP, Action! I'll show you Mr. "i go to the best public university"

DBvader,

First get in Berkeley,next get your diploma(not any diploma,Sir).After you can think about the million dollar systems(the multi million dollar house to set thenm in)and all the fancy cars.Any maybe ..just maybe Dan Dagostino will built a Super MRA amps just for you.

You saw too much gangsta videos on MTV,the ones where a bro has ten Ferraris and lives in a castle.Too much Fresh Prince brain wash I think.

Hey look at me,TheEAR finished school,found a good(so so)job,found a beter job and now buys good quality gear.No million dollar houses in view,and a Bugatti is in a galaxy far far away.Lets stay realistic here.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I dont know if anybody has posted the link from extreme tech on the Z560's vs. the PRO 4.1's but i was bored as hell in class, so i went out and found it.

http://www.extremetech.com/article/0,3396,s%253D1017%2526a%253D17030,00.asp

I havent purchased the Pro's yet, but i am this friday (as i get paid on thursday). I hope I am not dissapointed, like the other people who have had such a hard time getting a decent pair of these.

It may be easier, seeing that i live in the US, so i am avoiding the hassle of importing these beasts.

I hope i am making a good decision, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

~Jiggm