THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!

picky

Picky,

The Detroit News article jinxed the Jags. Southgate Anderson 40, Allen Park 29. It's always dangerous to let teenagers read and believe their press clippings. My old roommate will be distraught.

Please put me on the list for your summer Klipsch gathering to celebrate your Prizes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woo-Hoo! ...it's a party!!

That's one, for the Mr. & Mrs. Picky Summer 2006 Klipscher BBQ!!!

DizRotus has stepped up to the plate as our first guest!

Anybody else? We'll probably hold it in mid-July as the weather is usually more stable then.

Crappy news about the Jags. That's too bad. I used to play sax in their marching band.

Congratulations on receiving your prizes! [:D] You might also consider running some direct burial speaker wire from your garage to the deck, with a set of binding posts in weather proof boxes, giving your guests fine sound while BBQ'ing and having an adult pop.

Of course, you would have to drag them in and out, according to the weather and useage.

Man, You know me too well, Michael...I just might do that. LOL! Or, I could build in some componets on that outdoor kitchen I put in last summer. My wife would kill me for sure! [;)]

Unfortunately, we had a terrible wind storm in our area yesterday. A lot of homes are still without power. It wasn't even close to being as bad as what hit those poor people down in Indiana and Kentucky yesterday morning; they got a category 3 tornado around 2:00 AM that killed 21 people while they slept. How horrible! We had continous winds between 30 and 40 MPH with gusts to 60 all day long and almost no rain. I spent the day repairing a rain gutter and downspout on my house and tying things down more-securely so they couldn't blow away. So, I never got the chance to check out my new Heresies.

Tomorrow, (Tuesday) our company has the day off for election day (yeah, I know: how weird) so I will probably use a good portion of the afternoon to listen to them. I'll post a report afterwards.

Well, so much for using my day off to listen to the new "twins". We had an outstanding day here and I used it to finish winterizing the yard and house. It's a lot nicer trying to get things ready on a sunny, 60-degree day than on a rainy, 33-degree day, which his usually what I am forced to do. I mowed, edged and trimmed the lawn, picked up all the leaves, and got the Winterizer fertilizer down on the lawn and it's been watered. All I have left now is to shut down the sprinkler system and purge the water from it. That will be done this week after work some afternoon.

As for my pursuit in finding a suitable a tube amp or preamp for my new speakers, I had a discussion thread going over in 2-Channel. I did find one, but the wife and I discussed the timing and now is not a good time for us to buy something that expense. The future at work doesn't look so good for anyone and Christmas is nearly here. So, we'll wait until late March and see how things are. As for checking out the Heresies, I'm now hoping for this weekend. Things are pretty busy around here. Sorry folks.

Hey, DizRotus: How did the trip down to see Colter yesterday turn out?

Hello and congrats,

I'm new here, but I also have a small house with a "Heresy Garage". I love that term! I spend more time there than anywhere else in the house. Surely there has to be more of us?

Cheers

UltraJon: I see you're from Muskegon. Hmmm...I wonder if this Heresy Garage thing is really a Michigan thing? [;)]

Thanks for the good words and welsome to the forum!

jdm56: Thanks, man. By the way, make up your mind: Are you from Nevada or Missouri? -Just kidding [;)]