THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!

picky

Did you happen to get any kind of tear sheet or advertising? That would be our first look at it if you could post.

Look at the proud papa in the last photo- a happier man I haven't seen lately.

Oh, yeah, you get any dust on those and I'll organize a posse of Klipschers to personally come up there and barbque you on your own grille!

Michael

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Betcha he's out there listening to them and smoking a big stogie right now, and a steak on the grille! Anyone know what receiver those babies are being wired to?

Picky will be brushing snow off that grille to cook out this winter, will probably put furnace in the garage, Mrs Picky will never see him again.. This is the beginning of the end [:'(]

Michael

I'm sorry but a beautiful new pair of Heresy III's should reside somewhere in the house , IMO ...

You are more than welcome to your opinion and I respect that.

As for those of you here on the forum who really know me, also know that I live in a VERY small house (less than 850 sq ft). I have a Klipsch 5.1 Ultra ProMedia system in my office, a Klipsch 7.1 Reference system in my theater, complete with 2, RF-7s and an RSW-15 Sub, and a small, wall-mounted B&W 5.1 ProLogic system in our tiny livingroom. There rest of the floorspace is taken up by furniture because we actually like to have places to sit. With that said; the IS no other place for a pair of speakers the size of Heresies, nor was I shopping for more speakers at the time. However, due to Klipsch's extreme generosity, the luck of the draw and for the reasons I stated, those Heresy 3's WILL have a fine home in my nice, clean garage were they will be well used, appreciated and admired by many people and for that, I will not apologize. No one at Klipsch is upset about this so that's all that matters to me.

I LOVE Klipsch and everyone who has been in my house KNOWS IT!......

Well I'm pretty sure I have space in the house for a free pair of the Cornwall III's. Klipsch, are you listening?[;)]

That was a sweet sequence of pics, I'm sitting in class totally fixed on my monitor while my TA was talking to me.... I got my priorities straight allright , unvieling of the new heresey > TA blabbering.

Get a good listen and post us a good review Picky! Cheers

Ranjith

Phew! That was a job trying to post all of those photos last night. I was late to dinner (priorities). At first I tried to post them all in one post. But, as you can see from Michael's lament, all that showed up were the dreaded red X's. So, the only other method I could think of was individual posts.

To try and answer a few questions:

The wood grain does look a bit odd in picture 35, but it looks fine in person, Michael.

The PWK emblems came already installed in the mirror-image configuration that you see. I like it that way. I think I'll arrange them to be on the outside when installed.

Michael, you know a lot more about the Heritage line than I do. As far as I know it's Black laquer over Ash. Maybe Amy knows? The finish is stunning! I am so glad I asked for black.

There was no other literature in the boxes. There was one black envelope per speaker that contained an owner's manual and 4 rubber feet. No brochures or tear sheets. Sorry. The packing slip on the outside of the box did say, "Ordered by: Amy Unger". Ya gotta love that girl!!!! [;)]

I plan to mount the pair on separate shelves at each end of the 17-foot long work bench. They will be at head-level while standing so I will have them sitting right-side up. I will leave the stands on them and support them from beneath, avoiding the stand so that they sit parallel to the wall. I will aim them straight-out rather than angled for a wide dispersion (it's a really wide garage). The wood will be covered in soft cloth to protect it. The only thing exposed will be their fronts. When I trasnport them to pther places I plan to use their original boxes. The foam supplied in the boxes is of the highest-quality I have seen. Extremely-dense stuff and heavy.

As far as amplification, I have an NAD 2200 power amp (100 WPC) and a Pioneer SX-838 Receiver that I may use as a pre. I like the NAD but it needs repairing. It pops really bad when shutting it down and I won't connect it to anything until it's fixed. The Pioneer is a 1976 model and I want to get something better, maybe even a tube preamp.

Thanks to everyone for all of the well-wishes and warm comments. You all mean a great deal to me and I do value your opinions. It's great to me among freinds, here.

At one time they made black lacquer speakers out of oak ones that had some grain or color irregularity. I would think that these might be purpose-built to be black, so ash might be a possiblity.

Sounds like they've found a good home, and you really appreciate this gift from Klipsch. It was very generous of them.

Say, how would you describe that new-Klipsch smell? Is it different on the Heritage than on Reference? [8-|]

Michael

Picky,

Those look great, as does your garage. In my dreams my garage never looked that good.

You want to ride shotgun on a trip to meet with your buddy Michael on Monday? Never mind, you did mention that you picked up your prizes after WORK, so you're probably unavailable.

How about those Jaguars? After listening to my college roommate (27 years ago) sing the AP fight song in the shower daily, I learned it involutarily.

Michael: I realized you were kidding but, the Heritage actually smelled more like laquer and my cherry reference series smelled more like wood and mdf with just a hint of circuit board resin. [;)]

Picky,

Those look great, as does your garage. In my dreams my garage never looked that good.

You want to ride shotgun on a trip to meet with your buddy Michael on Monday? Never mind, you did mention that you picked up your prizes after WORK, so you're probably unavailable.

How about those Jaguars? After listening to my college roommate (27 years ago) sing the AP fight song in the shower daily, I learned it involutarily.

I like the car in your Avatar, Diz. Awesome color!

I would love to accompany you to Indy Monday to see Michael, but I'm still working for "the man" and I have used up all of my vacation days for the year. Thanks for the gratious offer.

Funny you mentioned the Jags! I guess they've done quite well in the past few years. For those of you wondering; I live in Allen Park, Michigan and the Allen Park High School football team is the Allen Park Jaguars. They've been tearing up the league in wins lately. Diz leaves nearby in Birmingham, Michigan, the town where people like Tim Allen and Robin Williams grew up. Sing with me: "Oh, when those Allen Park Jaguar fall in line......." [+o(]

Picky wrote, 'Sing with me: "Oh, when those Allen Park Jaguar fall in line......."'

". . . they're going to win the game in half the time. They're going to fight, fight, fight for victory . . . "

Not that it matters, but it's only Ft. Wayne. Michael's kind enough to meet me half way. I'll owe him lunch.

Picky........YOU SUCK!!!!!

Excuse me now.....I have to go throw some rocks at my black refinished Heresy's. [:$]

Seriously though.....I'm happy for you. They really do look very nice. Klipsch looks to have done a very nice job with improving the speaker in subtle ways. Hope my dealer sees the light and gets some "new" Heritage in.

Take care.

Tom

Picky,

I bet they look better in person, though they look beautiful in the pictures that you were kind enough to share.

Do you or anyone else know if you can Bi-wire/Bi-Amp them? Just looking at the binding posts it looks like you remove the strap they are ready. Are the new xovers already set up for HF and LF?

Tom Adams your Heresy's are also beautiful. The rounded edges and black color. You should be very proud of youself.

Again Picky I am very glad for you and I hope they work out for you.
Danny

I'm sorry but a beautiful new pair of Heresy III's should reside somewhere in the house , IMO ...

However, due to Klipsch's extreme generosity, the luck of the draw and for the reasons I stated, those Heresy 3's WILL have a fine home in my nice, clean garage were they will be well used, appreciated and admired by many people and for that, I will not apologize.

This reminds me of an old girlfiend I had who insisted that a certain painting (that I did) looked BEST in the bathroom. THE BATHROOM!

That is your basic unforgivable deal sort of thing, in my book.[;)]

DM

However, due to Klipsch's extreme generosity, the luck of the draw and for the reasons I stated, those Heresy 3's WILL have a fine home in my nice, clean garage were they will be well used, appreciated and admired by many people and for that, I will not apologize.

This reminds me of an old girlfiend I had who insisted that a certain painting (that I did) looked BEST in the bathroom. THE BATHROOM!

That is your basic unforgivable deal sort of thing, in my book.[;)]

DM

D-MAN: Perhaps art lessons are in order? [;)]

Danny: Yes you can remove the copper shunts (jumpers) and bi-wire these Heresy 3's. They are labled HF and LF. The manual does not make mention of bi-amping these, just bi-wiring.

post-10177-13819274337868_thumb.jpg